Have Anyone Elses Males Gone MAD?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
It must be the weather or maybe spring is in the air...IDK...:(

So far this week...Darwin and Guffy got in two kerfuffles for no apparent reason!:shock:
Guffy has a small bite/scratch on his nose and Darwin has a cut on his foot...they were peaceful and fine for two weeks living together and then all heck broke loose.
On Friday I let them back together and they ignored each other for about an hour and then went back to chumming around and grooming each other...then about 6 hours later decided to pull each others fur out! It looked like Christmas INSIDE the house! They decided to fight in front of the radiator while it was on!:grumpy:
I seperated them again and they have been sitting there glowering at me and giving me long sad bunny looks! Forced by their evil hooman to groom each other through the bars of the exercise pen! They aren't coming out to play for at least a few days! No way I'm doing THAT again...I darned near had a heart attack after the last brawl!:grumpy:

Then yesterday I was in the playroom spending time with Oliver...I was going through my gardening magazines and planning my spring gardens...we have a system...I read and he eats the corners of my books and tries to sneak nips of my yogurt!
I decided to sit up and all of a sudden he decided to go bug-nuts and was hopping across the room like Peppi-Le-Peu after me...if I wasn't laughing so hard it would have been disturbing! I had to hold him down till he settled...honestly though I haven't laughed that hard in a long time...he is an orange/brown nethie...:biggrin2: Night of the Lepus had nothing on this! lol

We have 10 bunns...6 of those are males...and it seems it is the 3 young males who haven't reached one year of age have all lost their minds this week! Jeez!
Everyone else is doing their normal bunny stuff...maybe I just never noticed before...
Or they are sneaking bunny drugs?:shock:

Danielle:)

Korr and Sophie- It must be something...these three bucks are my youngest...Oliver is around 9 months give or take, Guffy is 6 months old and Darwin is 5 months...full moon...spring...whatever...I just want my bunnehs back!:(

Northern Autumn- I swear I could almost believe it!:biggrin2:

They are the best behaved rabbits we have! Until now that is! They have all literally overnight become little beasts!
All three..and at least one is in our back playroom and hasn't met the other two, seemed to do a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde overnight!
I have broken up two nice size brawls, been attacked by a miniature jack-a-lope, gone from getting morning kisses to being thrown out of the cage...I have been thumped, at charged at, smacked...

I know they are due to hit their terrible teens..but all at once? Sheesh!
I was so used to coming out in the morning to give everyone their treats and having my two boys running around gooching and kissing...I stick my nose in their cagenow andI'll get it chewed off!:shock:

in my part of the planet we've had full moon, cold clear starry nights, frost and the occasional chill wind. please spare a thought for me trying to get my bunnies in from their garden at 10pm every night. roxy doe hops in once she sees the torch. hartleybun buck has taken to hareing round the garden like a bun possessed. he's normally so chilled out:p

lol:biggrin2:

I am kind of hoping it is a sign of an early spring!:)
Definately sick of the cold weather now! Time to start gardening!!:pink iris:

Maybe it is just the young mens feeling the pull of spring jewels!;)
(which means it will end at some point and I just have to patient and wait!):biggrin2:

Hartleybunn- I definately don't envy you having to tear around rounding up bunns!
We tossed the idea around of setting up some kind of bunn run for our kids...I thought they would adore being able to get out and tear around...but we have so many raccoons, possums, hawks...I just gave up!:(

Latest posts

Back