Have any of you tried?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrampNPigeon

Reaction score
Have any of you tried Swheat Scoop litter withany of their pets, either rabbit or otherwise? I just heardabout it today and wanted to know if anyone else had the chance to testit out prior. This is the website:http://www.swheatscoop.com/.Interested to know what other people think. Thanks.

-Cheryl

No, and I did check it out. The reasonI won't is it is a SCOOPABLE litter which means it clumps. Ifbo would eat some of it, I"m afraid of the possible blockage.

I'll stick with Carefresh and those types.

True, though from what I've heard, it is not atall like the clay clumping litters but rather is much safer. The personon CatForum who uses it, switched from a clay clumping litter for thosereasons, and she hasn't had a problem since.

I've heard about that one! You like it?Is it absorbant? I don't have to worry too much about smell because Iclean bo's pan every other day (dump it completely).

I've also heard yesterday's news is good.. but I hate those things thatget all stuck in his litterbox...... I haven't tried that one either.

Could you give us a link? I have looked and they do mention Feline Pine, but not the Scwheat Scoop that i have found.

Thanks.

i have ordered a sample of this litter

will email you when LUCY tries it

varnazzzthats my name

im female

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I've heard about that one! You like it? Is itabsorbent? I don't have to worry too much about smell because I cleanbo's pan every other day (dump it completely).

I've also heard yesterday's news is good.. but I hate those things thatget all stuck in his litterbox...... I haven't tried that oneeither.

Best I've been able to find, bar none. Biodegradable, hydrocarbons are "cooked" out of it during production so no harmful toxicfumes emanate from it, granules dissolve into a heavy powder that driesup if you don't get to it right away, no odor that I candetermine, inexpensive, non-clumping, non-poisonous to animals, veryuser friendly.

Its "designated" function is animal bedding for horses and you'resupposed to wet it down to provide a soft, dry bed(once granulesdissolve) for horses. Just so happens it also functionssupremely well as litter. The company sells "litter" as well,in smaller, and I suspect, more expensive packages, which I have noneed to investigate because I am so pleased with the animalbedding.

Most equine types buy it by the pallet load, which I believecontributes to keeping its cost down. Horsey people don'tlike to spend any more money than they have to, like us bunnyfolk. The only comparable litter I've found was a pine pelletlitter that sold for $7.99 for a 20 lb bag in PetSmart, if memoryserves me correctly.

WoodyPet sells for $4.99 per 30 lb bag! Web site can provideyou with the name of a retailer near you. It's a Canadianproduct, so should be available there, too. I know TractorSupply Company outlets often carry Agways. Many feed stores andequestrian oriented businesses carry it as well.

Buck

I have to give another thumbs up for WoodyPet. Per Buck's and Carolyn's recommendations I switched toWoody Pet from Yesterday's News some months ago and haven't beenhappier.

Unfortunately, I ran out of it last week and had to temporarily revertback to Yesterday's News. I am NOT a happy bunnymommy. :X Within a couple of days the room reekedof urine and Sherman was sitting in wet litter.

I can't WAIT to get out to the feed store and pick up more WoodyPet. With Woody Pet there is NO odor, NO moisture, you getmore value for your dollar, and you don't have to use much of it ateach litter refill.

You simply can't go wrong with Woody Pet.

OOOO I am going to go get some thisweek! No need for links..... I am in Horsey PeopleCountry! I have a TSC just about 5 minutes from my house anda feed store about 5 minutes the other direction, and a PetsMart aroundthe bend! Plus, my family who live here too have horses...... Theyprobably know of the woody pet!

Thanks for all the great info. It sounds like exactly what Ineed for Bo. Then maybe I can use ONE thing instead of three!:?

I am with Buck. Woody Pet is DA BOMB!!!

Seriously, hands down the best litter I've used for my rabbits. Ittotally absorbs odor and you don't have to use as much. It's cheaperand cleaner. For about a year I was devoted to Yesterdays News, but Iam a total convert to Woody Pet. My rabbits are actually using theirlitter box more since we've switched to it too.

That's a good question ........

What happens when you switch litters? Do you add half and half for atime? Bo likes his box now, so I don't want to discourage his usingit!

I just changed it over with our buns. They didn't seem to mind at all. Like I said, they're actually using their box even more.

Once I see it, I might do the same. Ifit seems like something he won't mind, I'm sure it will befine. He's always been good about his box.....

If you're worried, you can always do a half andhalf for a bit. I just figuredthat it's not food, so I didn'thave to be as careful. Plus, I admit, we sorta spaced out onitand when we were done with the bag of Yesterdays News, wehad no other option. :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
That's a good question ........

What happens when you switch litters? Do you add half and half for atime? Bo likes his box now, so I don't want to discourage his usingit!
I just switched it over in one swoop and Sherman had no problems in adjusting.

Latest posts

Back