Hats off to you at the forum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmas rabbit

Reaction score
Yesterday Derby went in for a neutering surgery. While I was talking to the technican about after care, an older lady came in to pickup her pet's ashes. She sat in the corner trembling, visiblily upset and everyone in the room sat with down cast eyes, I am sure just relieved it wasn't them. She left just as I got done with the technican and I followed her out to the parking lot. Her story was that she had rescued this dog about 6 years ago and gave her 6 wonderful years. The last 4 months she had been ill and they had decided to put her down and end her suffering. She had such a cruel start to life they didn't want her last days to be filled with pain. Until I approached her, no one had offer to talk to her, understand her painor offer any sort of sympathy. Her family didn't understand her attachment. On the way home I was thinking about the times that this forum and friends on it have been there for me. Benjamin's loss at Xmas ( the emails I got where incredible ), the long haul with Harley and eventually having to make the decision to put him down, even the last few days of tom foolery with Derby's upcoming surgery. Everyone knew after losing 2 bunnies in under 4 months, I was stressed and apprehensive about his surgery. I am so, so grateful for all of the support during crisis, the fun and general friendship. This is an amazing group on the forum, no one has to feel alone,friends are just a mouse away. So " hats off to you all" and thank you for being there.:pray:

Awww, what a great story. I'm new here so wasn't aware of your loss. Which I'm very sorry by the way. I think it is nice of you to have reached out to that woman. It is so true that only fellow pet owners understand the bond you develop with a pet and the feeling of loss you experience when they are gone.

This forum has been great so far. I love that I can feel normal about talking about how much I love Agnes! :) and I can imagine the support you got here when you lost your buns was just as thorough. What a great forum! Glad to have found you all.

Latest posts

Back