Has anyone every heard of Prince rabbit pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We used prince pellets at the shelter for a long time..I don't have access to all the ingredients, fiber content , fat etc but I do know that Prince makes other agricultural products.

I mix alfalfa pellets with timothy for a few here that just won't eat the timothy and I am not going to use Prince unless someone on this forum can recommend it.

I really need to cut my cost here and thought this could be a way as feed store stuff is way less expensive.

Where is it from? It must be a really obscure brand. Google shows nothing. What other brands do your local feed stores carry, and what does Fleet Farm have? All the feed stores by me either carry Purina or Heinhold, both of which look good. Heinhold has a 15% maintenance pellet too.

Prince Corporation is in Marshfield Wi which is not to far from me. I e-mailed them and asked for specifics of ingredients but they just sent 3 ingredients and said that they never change formulas based on cost. I will have to go to the store and try to find a bag with the ingredients on the back.
I think they sell it in bulk.
I bought Purina Rabbit chow complete from another feedstore but I thought that a couple of my bunnies had softer poops which bothered me.
I don't think that that is the good Purina anyway ..maybe I should try to get that lab diet or whatever its called but it would have to be shipped.

I'm just sort of looking around. :?

There is some from farm and fleet but somewhere (maybe another site )I think someone had a bad experience with it.

If you buy Purina Lab Diet in bulk, would it be cheaper than what you're feeding now? You wouldn't need to mix it with timothy pellets- in fact if you wanted you could feed it instead of timothy pellets. It looks good and comes pretty highly recommended. I wonder if a feed store would be willing to order it for you? Might save shipping costs that way.

I would order lab diet and with out shipping it would be cheaper than what I'm feeding now.

I just pulled out a large bag of Purina Rabbit chow Complete blend. I give this to Babette and beau mixed with timothy pellets because they seem to tolerate it ok with out changes in poops. It is an agreen bag

I don't know if this is the same asPurina green bag which apparently is good because this says rabbit chow and has a little girl's picture on the front. . Is there more than one green bag?
I will list some of the ingredients in this and maybe someone can tell me about it I am willing to try it again with the others because it is really nexpensive at a feed store.

Guess what there areno ingredients on this 50 lbs bag
Can anyone tell me about Purina rabbit chow complete blend in green bag that costs very little.?

This is what is in Prince pellets:
Crude protein-16%

crude fat min 3%

crude fiber min-17% max21%

forage products

,processed grain by-products

,plant protein products
,roughage products,

cane molasses
,vegetable fat,animal fat,

moncalciuphosphate salt,

vit E supplement, vitamin A spplement, VitaminD3 and a bundh of other minerals that I may not need to list

I don't know what most of this stuff even means..like forage products
The animal fat looks bad

From the experts here how bad is this pellet.

This is what is in Prince pellets:
Crude protein-16%

crude fat min 3%

crude fiber min-17% max21%

forage products

,processed grain by-products

,plant protein products
,roughage products,

cane molasses
,vegetable fat,animal fat,

moncalciuphosphate salt,

vit E supplement, vitamin A spplement, VitaminD3 and a bundh of other minerals that I may not need to list

I don't know what most of this stuff even means..like forage products
The animal fat looks bad

From the experts here how bad is this pellet.

I am not an expert by no means, but I would not use this feed because of the cane molasses, and the animal fat source. It really doesn't look like this would be a good option.

Molasses is a common binder and sweetener. Oxbow uses it. I don't see a problem with that.
http://www.oxbowhay.com/link.sp?page=ingredientsbbt

Animal fat is creepy. I don't even feed my cats foods with unspecified animal products in it. And that's an awfully non-specific list of ingredients. Forage products? Roughage products? Sounds bad.

This is what Purina Complete Plus has for ingredients:
Ingredients: Dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat middlings, ground soybean hulls, dehulled soybean meal, ground corn, cane molasses, salt, calcium carbonate, DL-Methionine, dried yucca shidigera extract, ferrous oxide, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin A supplement, choline chloride, vitamin e supplement, riboflavin, niacin supplement, dried yeast culture, dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation extract, dried Streptococcus Faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacilus Acidophilus fermentation product, calcium pantothenate, manganous oxide, zince oxide, ferrous carbonate, vitamine B12 supplement, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite.

It at least tells you what is in the food.

What are your other options? Have you called feed stores to see what they carry? I would think they would carry a more known national brand. They usually do. Or they might be able to order something for you.

I'm not going to use it....you're right..it sounds like they swept the floor and put everything on the floor in the rabbit pellet bag. :DI had to look up "forage" in the dictionary as I only knew the meaning as a verb. It meant "fodder"..so I looked that up and it said that it means rough food for animals......like crap I would say

Thanks guys I don't read as much on nutritional stuff as I should except on greens and hay.

I'm going to try to find something else
I can get the green bag of Purina but I thought it made a few of them have soft poops but I have cut the pellets down so far it probably won't affect them if I change it very slowly.
I will keep exploring other feed stores other towns also

Have you had any luck yet? I wanted to let you know that one of the feed stores here sells Pen Pals, which looks really good and has a 15% protein maintenance pellet. I bought a huge bag for the shelter bunnies, I hope they like it. It would be a good brand for you if you can find it.

I'm in the process of changing the ones who won't eat timothy based pellets over to Purina Rabbit chow complete in the green bag. I am giving the Prince ones to the shelter. I can get Purina at a feed store in an adjacent town.

I tried it once and thought that they got soft poops but I'm going to give it another shot.

Latest posts

Back