has anyone ever heared of astrex rabbits???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The curly coats turn up occasionally in rexlines. I know they were popping up in mini plush lopbreedings when a lady in Ohio had them.

Pam

Yep, Bo has curly fur just behindhisheadalong his neck and shoulders.. andunder where his ears lay flat. It's gotten to be a largerarea since he had his junior molt, also. He has a curlyQright between his ears also (like a cowlick) :)

so it could sort of be in a mini rex??mr lick's chest fur looks wavy to me, but i figured it was just causehe was chubby lol.. his fur is also a lot more thick than princess'..(again, i thought it was because he was chubby..)

Spiced77 wrote:
soit could sort of be in a mini rex?? mr lick's chest fur lookswavy to me, but i figured it was just cause he was chubby lol.. his furis also a lot more thick than princess'.. (again, i thought it wasbecause he was chubby..)

Yes, it only appears to manifest itself in the rexcoat. The wooled coats have "crimped" hairs, butnot the wave seen in the curly mini rex coats.

Pam

Spiced77 wrote:
soit could sort of be in a mini rex?? mr lick's chest fur lookswavy to me, but i figured it was just cause he was chubby lol.. his furis also a lot more thick than princess'.. (again, i thought it wasbecause he was chubby..)
The key to astrex is the entire coat going curly.

I love Bo's curly waves but they are a bit different kind of soft thenhis regular coat. They are more like a downy soft where hisrex fur is like velvet.

Yeah, I heard that. Bo also has some waves on hisbelly/chest (or did I haven't looked recently).....

When he was a baby he had some wavy fur right on the front of him high on the chest... but that all molted out.

I think it's cool they have that. I didn't know about ituntil after he had molted and the changes took place.

Latest posts

Back