Has anyone else experienced this??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcgmd

Reaction score
Hello All. It has been a while since Ihave been on this site. Busy spring/summerhouse-hunting. Hope all are doing well.

Here's my dilemma - Went to open Cinnamon's cage Sat. a.m. to feedhim. Instead of rushing out of his cage, he just satthere. Put his full food bowls in his cage. Heusually runs over to his veggies and starts scarfing themdown. Again, he just sat there. Kept an eye onhim. He finally came out of his cage and jumped on the sofa(this is his sofa, there is a litter box on it, and it is covered innewspaper and plastic so he doesn't destroy it). Instead ofjumping in his litter box, he urinated all over the newspaper. Thenjumped back in his cage. I called the vet and rushed him upthere.

My vet didn't see anything wrong, but took blood, gave him fluids and ashot of anti-biotic (in case of infection). He was the sameway Sunday, not eating and pretty much in his cage. Monday hegot a little more active, but still not eating. Called the vetyesterday, and he told me to give him baby food. He also saidhis chems were fine (liver, etc) but blood test did not come back yet.I told him that his stools were small, and he said this is a sign ofwool block. He would need to be on medication.

Last night he ate the baby food, and today he ate some of his veggies.I am at work now so don't know what else he has eaten. But heseems to be eating more.

We are going on vaca tomorrow, so we are dropping him off at the vet inthe morning to stay until we get back. If he needsmedicataion, they can give it to him.

I just think it is strange (and a great relief) that he is starting toeat again, if in fact he does have a blockage. I'll talk more with myvet tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

THANKS for listening.

~Robin~

I keep Nutri Cal on hand to keep the rabbit'senergy level up and to encourage the rabbit to eat. You werewise to get your rabbit to the vet right away to rule out any seriousillnesses. Sometimes, a rabbit may go of it's feed due to aviral infection. These are generally not serious and thesymptoms don't often last long.

Pam

Latest posts

Back