has anyone built a "box" castle ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Has anyone built a castle made of of boxes for bunnies to play in? If so post your pics!

EDIT: im going to use tape to put it together, but im afraid my bunny will eat it. Is there something else i can use?

Don't have a picture I'm afraid, but I do have aquestion - when I put the boxes together, I made a cardboard ramp too -but surely, the buns can jump up as log as the hole is big enough?

I haven't made one myself, but I know that Angela, (Naturestee) is really good at this type of thing:)

Hopefully she'll see this and post a picture or 2 of one of her bunny playgrounds:D

normal_bunnyboys%20007.jpg

normal_bunnyboys%20016.jpg

I made this for the boys out of chip boxes from work and cheese boxesfrom the pizza shop next door to work. They were the perfect size!

- Amy:brownbunny

We use either duct or packaging tape, but we putit in areas that the bunnies are less likely to chew, and take it offif we notice them eating it.

Box castles and mazes are fun! Here's the two best ones,which my hubby made. They are long since dead. It'stime I made a new one, if it's cool I'll put up pictures.

Soda box maze! Loki is about 5 lbs and had to squish in, buthe still loved it. When he ran through at full speed you'dsee this wave of cardboard moving through, like in a cartoon.:D
100_0348a.jpg

The Bunny Playground 2000! My hubby made this reallyfancy. The bottom level had several layers of cardboard onthe floor so it took longer to rip through, a small dig box filled withshredded newspaper, and upright paper towel tubes stuffed with oat hay(took them a while to discover that, then they did a really longdestruction project to get them all out). The other levelshad hanging toys and another small dig box. I swear theymourned over it when we finally had to throw it out.
100_0351a.jpg

My boys mourn over their box castles when I haveto throw them away too. I have to get more boxes from worktomorrow....they look so sad today!

- Amy

Oh man.....I could play with some of those castles...

Please...don't show them to the BunFather? He'll demand to get one or he'll say he's moving to somewhere where he can get one..

Peg

We used the zip ties left over from the NICcages to hold the levels together. Since the first thingPeppers tried to do was throw the top box off! What astinker!:D

i made one for my guy but he wont jump up to thesecond level. but hes redecorated the inside by tearing off thin piecesof cardboard. and he sleeps in there now. im glad he runs free in myroom cuz i definitely cant get him back into his cage he just lovedthat castle so much lol.:bunnydance:

Haha! Rusty....I used to have to "tip over" thecastle to try to "shake" the buns out to get them to go back into theirbedroom when it was time for bed. I gave up and just let them have fullrun of their play space at night, hehe.

- Amy

Back