Has anyone bonded two female rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACI

Reaction score
I would like to bond two female rabbits but here's the catch. Ultimately, I want to keep them in separate cages. If Delilah is comfortable enough with people I would like to use her as a therapy animal. Just to take to nursing homes etc for people to pet. They stay in a basket, on a leash totally safe but that is not my question. I do not want them in the same cage because I don't want to stress Bella out if I take Delilah out of our house to do therapy and leave her home. SO, my origional plan was to let them play here in the house if they bond or get along but separate them back to their own cages. I have not found that answer yet in my research. any input would help.

thanks in advance

I think you would probably just have to try it and see how it goes.

My girls can't ever be separated, but they are together 24/7. When Snuggy had to stay overnight at the vet's, Baby refused to eat. I worry about what will happen when one of them dies. Hopefully, that's a VERY long time from now.

My two females are bonded, have been since birth, but now they have their own hutches because some fur pulling was going on. Whenever they are let out to play, they get along fine. Depending on your rabbits personalities, I don't think it'd affect them too much to have their own space.

I think you can just bond them and let them live together. Cant imagine that theres any problem if you take one out more often. I mean the bun wont be lonely forever.

And they would probably be more stressed when they see each other outside but cant be together at night.

Emi

Actually separating 2 bonded rabbits that share a hutch/cage can be a problem. Since it's not uncommon for the one left behind the establish the cage as their own and when the other rabbit comes back, it may not be so keen on sharing anymore and you may have a problem on your hands.

You are probably fine housing them separately and only letting them out to play together. The play area would eventually not be seen asher territory but both of theirs making it sort of neutral.

Latest posts

Back