Has anyone been to any shows lately ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini lop luva

Reaction score
Heya, Has anyone been to anyshows lately if so how have you got on or have u got any coming up ?, ihave one in 2 weeks i am taken 2 mini lops and a dutch with me georgiexxx

I'm attending my first show in twoweeks. All of my buns have been spayed or neutered, so Ican't show them, but I'm still very excited. I'll take picsand post here.

Laura

Oh! I didnt know you couldnt show neuterd or spayed rabbits. Why is that?

I would love to go to a rabbit show, but i havent known one to be in the UK. (near me anyway)

I hope you do great and all have fun!

Because the intent of ARBA and rabbit breedersis to improve each breed or breed to a strict standard, you can onlyshow breedable (read: intact) rabbits. (It's the same for dogshows and cat shows.)

There are fair shows and 4-H sponsored showsthat encouragekids to show any rabbit. These are not ARBA sanctioned shows,no points are given, but ribbons and trophies are usuallyawarded. It's good for kids to learn about their animals andthemselves.

Depends on the rules of that show.Many non-sanctioned fair and 4-H shows use coop numbers written intothe right ear with permanent black marker. Rabbits exhibitedin ARBA sanctioned shows must have a legible tattoo in their left ear.

Pam

Our local 4-H show does not require eartattoo's. Anybody (under 18) can bring any rabbitto show. Breed confirmation takes a back seat to conditionand proper care.

has anyone any idea how i would go about findingrabbit shows in my area i live in n. ireland so the choice willprobably quite limited.

We were gonna go to a show in Washington Countybut things has come up for family that we can not attend. But next yearwe def will go to which ever one we can go to.

Looks like we'll end up having to drive 2 carsdown -- I think 6 of us are going. We'realso bringing 4 Hollands, 2 Dwarf Hotots and 2 Polish to show as wellas 1 Holland Lop buck we are donating to the show's "Katrina"raffle.

All money raised will go to the American Rabbit Breeders AssociationKatrina victims fund, with 100% of the money going to assistrabbit/cavy owners who were victims of thehurricane. You can find more info on theARBA fund here:http://www.arba.net/relief.htm

Here is info/photo on the Holland Lop buck we are donating

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/dennis.html

Pam

The girls will be showing at our county fairthis Saturday. Then it seems like we have one every week, orevery other week until the end of the year. This is theirsecond show, and we all have high hopes for our mini's.

I got told that the rabbitsmay have tattoed ears instead of rings has that started in the USA theni dunnoh if it has started here i have to ask what u think is better ?xxx

mini lop luva wrote:
I got told that the rabbits may havetattoed ears instead of rings has that started in the USA then i dunnohif it has started here i have to ask what u think is better ?xxx

Rings are not used in the US. UnderAmerican Rabbit Breeders Association rules, rabbits must have a legibletattoo in the left ear to be shown.

British Rabbit Council rules are different -- the rabbits are "ringed" with a metal tag on their rear leg.

Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Pam

Back