has any of your rabbits done this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bunny did that once too and I got so scared!But then SHE got scared, haha. She hasn't done it since, she's more ofa lounger and hen-sitter.

here's a great video of a happy bunny (Cakes) doing a stiff-legged flop:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ03yZfjJmc[/ame]

Nibbles sometimes flings herself on the flor and then rolls around abit - if I hadn't already known about DBFs, I'd have been awfullyscared! (Same for binkes.)

The rolling is another sign that your bun is happy and relaxed. It tookseveral months for my bun to feel comfortable flopping on her sidearound me, and I've yet to see her sleep with her eyes all the wayshut.

naturestee wrote:
Fey and Sprite DBF when they're hyper. They do itexactly like your bun- they fall over sideways really stiffly, thenwriggle till they're on their backs. Then they'll lay ontheir sides for a little bit before they run off for morebinkies. They used to do this all the time in winter by thedraft from my front door. I guess it felt good.

Here's Fey mid-flop:
2im2c0l.jpg

And after:
2h4hzr4.jpg
you caught the cutiest moment! thats so cute!!! XD

thanks for all the posts. im glad ppl dont dothis cuz that would be so weird. standing and then all of a sudden youfall over on your back. and wiggle. lol.

Ollie sleeps in the DBF position. One morning Isnuck up on him, and he was lying there all nice and peaceful. I gothis breakfast ready, and said "Ollie" very quietly. Suddenly he wakesup, and, all in one motion, binkys and hits the top of the cage. Ilaughed so hard I cried.

Rachel.

Latest posts

Back