Hartz Original Recipe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afromation

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was in walmart pricing everything for my upcoming rabbit and I sawHartzOriginal Recipeand I was wondering if any owenrs arestill using this particular brand of pellet.

I read some past threads that didn't approve of the brand because ofthe meat ingredient but I've read that Hartz has since removed all meatfrom the rabbit formula. So I was curious to see who was using it andhow their rabbits liked it.

afromation

ive been using hartz original recipe andoxbow..i mix them half and half and my two bunnies like it...i dontknow about the meat in hartz though...i'll have to read someabout that before i go buy some more:?

What are the nutritional contents?Fiber percent, protein percent, etc. Personally, I'd nevertrust rabbit food that Walmart sells. I've seen some awfulstuff there.

I agree with Naturestee...I checked out a Hertzpellet rabbit food that I saw in I think a grocery store, and if Iremember correctly, the protein was 17%.

Edit: Ok, I found the following PDF document that said gave the HartzRabbit Food (didn't specify if it was original recipe, or what haveyou). It lists the nutritional info as follows (G=guaranteedvalue, F=found perimeter):

Protein: G 18%, F 19.2%
Fat: G 2%, F 3.5%
Fiber: G 15%, F 11.5%
Moisture: G 12%, F 9.8%

Here's the site I found it at:http://www.caes.state.ct.us/Bulletins/2000/b962.pdf

I haven't been able to find the actual Original Recipe details.

Hope that helps! :)

maherwoman wrote:
Edit: Ok, I found the following PDF document that said gavethe Hartz Rabbit Food (didn't specify if it was original recipe, orwhat have you). It lists the nutritional info as follows(G=guaranteed value, F=found perimeter):

Protein: G 18%, F 19.2%
Fat: G 2%, F 3.5%
Fiber: G 15%, F 11.5%
Moisture: G 12%, F 9.8%
Here is Oxbow Bunny Basic/T Pellets
Guaranteed Analysis

• Crude Protein min 14.00%
  • Crude Fat min 1.50%
  • Crude Fiber max 29.00%
  • Calcium max 0.85%
  • Moisture max 10.00%
Rainbows! :)

Thats what I feed Fluffy. He likes it he alwaysstands on his back feet when he hears the bag. I don't knowhow healthy it is for him though :( I really want Oxbow, but I can'tfind any where I am. Walt-Mart, Petco, and Petsupermarketdon't have it. They're the only place that sell rabbit foodand I doubt Target sells it.

yeah oxbow is hard to find around here to...youhave to drive 30 minutes to find it anywhere...and the only place thatsells it sells 5lb bags for over $15..so i just mix oxbow with a littlehartz and my two also go crazy when they hear the bag:D

Latest posts

Back