Harper pees on carpet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flemish giant

Reaction score
So yesterday I let Harper out and she peed on carpet. I had her litter box out with her but she didn't want to jump in it. She at the hay in it but sat outside of it. Is there anything I can do to make sure she doesn't do this again? She is great with her habits in the cage on tile. Never misses the box.

Buns do tend to potty while eating. The fact that she was able to sit outside of the litter box and still be able to eat the hay was probably the problem. If you can place the litter box in a way so that she has to be completely in the litter box to eat the hay.

If her cage is in the same room as where you let her out then you may be able to just leave the litter box in her cage. If that seems to be too far for her to go to potty but she's still in the same room as her cage then you could just place a litter box outside the cage with no hay but leave hay in her cage for her.

If it's a different room than where her cage is that you let her out and there is no way for you to ensure she can only eat hay if she's all the way in the litter box then you could get a plastic storage box to use as a litter box for that room. You can either cut part of one side down enough so she can hop in easily or even just cut a circle out of the side big enough for her to easily fit through. Then either place hay in a corner of this litter box for munching or hang a hay rack inside the litter box from one of it's tall sides.

It's in a different room. I can't push the hay to the back because she won't get in the litter box without hay to jump into. The pellets aren't stable enough for her. How could I cut the sides? It's a tubberware container.

Also she didn't potty while eating. She didn't potty anywhere near the litter box actually.

Last edited:
Back