harness leashes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperdog

Reaction score
I have a mini lop named pepper who just turned2. I take her for walks and keep her on a long leash andharness while she is out of her cage in the house because of thecountless wires. I need to know what would be a good harness for herone that is comfortable and she can't get out of.

Welcome, Pepperdog! :)

When I walk my bunnies, I just use a *small* dog harness, kinda like what I
imagine a chihuahua (spelling?) wearing... I can try to post a pic of it if you like.

Same here. My rabbit always gets out of theharnesses that are actually made for rabbits, so I bought a little dogharness. Be sure to take measurements before you go get one, though!

pepperdog wrote:
:thumper:

thanks for your reply greta. If you can post a picture that would begreat. I have her in a harness now but she is like Houdini. =)

:laugh: Yes, that just about sums up one of my buns!
I'll do my best to post a pic, but I'm still trying to learn how to post pics, so it might take a little while...

I have Hagen rabbit hardness that isadjustableandclipsaround the neck and theabdomen. I like that they aren't "strings" so they are moresturdy.

dayout013.jpg

7423.jpg

I bought my bunnsketeers their leashes from a local rescuebutI think i've seen it at Petco. AlsoI've found it on ebay too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Adjustable-Grn-Nylon-Dwarf-Rabbit-Harness-Lead-Set_W0QQitemZ7739204715QQcategoryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hope that helps!

i have a harness from pet smart that is alsomade for rabbits....its made out of mesh and cloth or something likethat..she's never got out of it...it looks kind of small in thispicture because her fur, but dont worry itsactuallynot choking her.. i think im going to get a dog orcat harness..i dont like the way the mesh looks on her..it looks weird

Hi, I have a harness just like the green one too - but my bun just does NOT 'go for walks' with it.

I don't know what to expect... I thought she would hop along side me asif i was walking a dog :sad: But she just ends up doing herown thing....being stubborn and not walking :brat:with me.

Is this normal? Is there a way for my bun to go for 'walks' with me?

Also, is it safe for her to go out in the snow? I live inToronto, Canada....:Canada:and it's a little chilly here!

:bunnydance::run:LOL! I guess she is taking *me* for a walk!

Any ideas about the temperature for buns? I'd like to take her out...but i'm concerned about it being too cold for her?

pepperdog wrote:
I need to know what would be a good harness forher one that is comfortable and she can't get out of.
Here's a thread about harnesses... I tried just about every harness out there before settling on this one.

attachment.php

PuterGeekGirl and Fluffy both use this kind, they have pics in thethread linked below. So does Pebbles (Pet_Bunny) and probablymany others.Its really stretchy but secure anddoesn't have any buttons or clips that face inward that would make ituncomfortable. It comes in several different sizes, thesmallest one for rabbits is a perfect fit for my 2 lb dwarf.(Don't get the ferret, pigor rat ones, they won't fit even atiny bunny, different shapes!).

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=7940&forum_id=1

SAS:) and PIPP :bunnydance:

The mesh harness is the one I use for Raph too(though I ditched the leash that came with it...the snap seemed tooflimsy for my liking, so I bought a separate, better-quality leash). Ilove the harness though; it seems light and airy on him, and once Ihave it done up he doesn't seem to mind it at all.

As far as weather goes, Mika, I live in Ottawa, which can get a fewdegrees colder than Toronto. I keep Raph indoors for the winter, but onthe balmier days -- like this past weekend, when it was around -4 C --I will take him out for half an hour or so. He lovesthesnow...loves to play in it and follow my dog around. I think your bunnywill be okay to take outside as long as it's not frigid outside or toodamp.

the only time i use peapoos harness now is whenshe goes to visit the school (which is hardly ever) and i use itsometimes when i take her to see my grandmother

Hey Pepperdog, can you identify which post yourreferring to so others know which harness worked for you and which onedidn't?

Thanks!

RO Staff

I ordered my harness from this website:

http://www.runnybunny.tripod.com/

My bun seems pretty comfortable in it. It is similar to the mesh ones,only it ismade of fabric. The lead is made of elastic, whichis great when I can't keep up with my bun as it won't hurt his back.

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

bunnylead9sq.png

Latest posts

Back