harnes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend getting a kitten style H harness. I find the rabbit ones pet stores sell are a little stiff, the ones they sell at Wal-Mart for kittens are made of a softer material and are just as adjustable, as well as the clips being a little stronger which is always good to have it more secure.

I know some people use the vest harnesses and while I can see why some may prefer them, I do think it is more constricting for the bunny. But they work when they are properly adjusted.

These are the type of harness I use,

2012-April22-AggieDays-55.jpg

They are great little harnesses, they are secure and distribute the pressure from the leash.

Just make sure you DO NOT get a figure 8 harness!

6448.jpg

Anything that is not the vest or the H is NOT safe for rabbits. This can tighten and choke the rabbit.

As always, be careful when using a harness, some rabbits do not respond well to them and if you don't know how to use them, they can break their backs. Be EXTREMELY careful. If you know how to use them they're fantastic for getting the bunnies outside for fresh air.

We even actually have a video on introducing the harness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SiOLgP-bU9w

Thanks so much for your information.

I have a question. What do you use as a harness for your bigger guys. I plan to use a harness with my Flemish Giant. He will be big enough that I would love to take him out for walks with our Jake.

What type of harness would be best for a Big Bunny. Thanks!

K:)

Depending on HOW big, I would still go with an H style harness. We have a Flemish Giant x Checkered Giant mix in the club that uses one of the Living World rabbit harnesses as they adjust a bit bigger then the Kitten ones,

526127_4126663645368_1763595483_n.jpg

If that is too small, you may have to upgrade to a dog style harness, just watch what type you get. There should be H styles there but usually they come with the strap that runs under the chest. Just making sure it's not too loose or too tight is the main thing. This is more of just a pain in the butt for you then really adding anything, but it would work if you don't have any other options,

rogzbeachbumdogharness.jpg

You'll have to post pics when you get him in it!

Thanks Amanda,

I figured there were bigger sizes. After watching your video on how and why to select the "H" style, I agree, it is the best way to go. I just wanted to knowif there were bigger sizes.

Thanks, will post pics when theBIG guy arrives.

BTW,Thought your model was cute. Thanks for posting the video. Very informative.

K:)

Back