Harlie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMIE

Reaction score
When I met Harlie I was at an ''animal auction'', they were supposed to only be selling hay, food and eggs. However, over to the far side was a corner stacked high with about 25 rabbits, a mix of lops, rex and flemish crosses were what made up the majority, but, in a small box all on her own was a female angora mix, Harlie. When I picked her up she nussled into my arm and when I felt her underneath I was disgraced, she was matted so thick that I could not see nor feel skin or un-matted fur. I had to buy her in fear that if I let her return to were she had come she would die. ?7 later we were in the car, already getting to work on her mats. After 3 hours we were getting nowhere so the dog groomer up the road had to help...
Harlie was almost balled yet still had a few small mats but the extent of her suffering was revealed when we found a large tear in her skin, approximately the size of a 50 pence piece, which was caused by constant pulling as she walked.
Now Harlie lives in a 6 ft by 2 ft hutch with access to the whole garden for the whole day, she enjoys eating everything and anything she can get her teeth on, she is free to socialize with my other two rabbits and is always binkying around. Most surprisingly I find is how courageous she is for a small pray animal, she will fight the dog if he comes in between her and her food.
Harlie may not be the friendliest of rabbits but she sure seems grateful, and she certainly puts a smile on my face when I see her running about...

harlie-cooper.jpg

harlie-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back