Harley's Home!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justjen114

Reaction score
I'm proud to announce that we are again a 2 bunny household! After losing Princess this past April, we have been looking to adopt, and I was heartbroken to hear that a little 6 month old Silver breed boy was in need of a forever home. He was raised for show, then cast off when they discovered he had a genetic defect, so foster or food became his only two options in life. Thankfully, someone from a sanctuary chose foster, and we found him on an adoptable bunny list in our area.

Harley's first name was Pepper, because he looks just like cracked-black pepper. His black and silver coat, his strong personality, and slim yet rugged good looks led us to believe he's a tough little dude, so we re-named him Harley. It just seemed to fit.

Harley came home yesterday. He is still becoming comfortable in his new house, and is still a bit nervous. He's been moved around a lot from his first home, to foster, to vet for his neuter, then home with us. He will need a little time to settle in.

Our Deedle met him shortly after he came home, and I think she has fallen in love at first sight. It's way too early to start a full introduction, because Harley needs time to get used to his new home. However, they share snack time together with Harley in his house and Deedle sitting next to him just separated by the bars. They nuzzle and whisker kiss, and lick each others ears... if the new people make him nervous and he foot stomps, she comes racing over to make sure he is ok. Once she is there, he calms down immediately. He watches as she gets pets and sits on our laps, so I think she's teaching him that the new people are OK...I think we have the beginnings of a great pair, and a happy family!

Congratualtions on your new member of your family.
I can hardly wait to see pictures of him. He sounds wonderful.

It sure sounds like you have a real love match with Deedle (cute name).

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back