Happy Trancing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
Like many rabbits, our boys detested beingpicked up when we first adopted them. They arefeeling better about it nowadays, but they still much prefer being onthe ground. Anyway, in a previous vocation mypartner Leo was a full time massage therapist. Need I saythat this is a skill that the bunnies have gone ga-gafor. Tonight after a mildly stressful attempt atbunny bonding, Leo picked Austin up and instantly tranced him. After Austin got the full spa treatment it was Simon's turn.They each got their own professional bunny massage, and I swear we'venever seen them so happy. It was totally adorable.

Does anyone here use bunny trancing for things like clippingnails? I'm thinking it might be a pretty slick method for anunpleasant task.

Jeff

YES! YES! YES!

I just posted on the butt matts topic about trancing.

There is no way that I could ever keep up on Kilie's nails and brushingwithout it. Just be sure to have one hand on the rabbit (I keep my handon her chest) in case they wake up you can hold them down.

I sit on the edge of a chair, legs together, and place her on her backon my legs. I flip her over right hand on her head/nose rubbing hernose until she is out, and left hand across her chest to secure her.

:( I've tried. I've found myrabbits get really stressed out when I hold them on their backs and tryto trance them. Loki especially, as it was hard for him tobreathe. I find it much easier to have one person hold andone person cut.

I only trance my dutches who are verycomfortable with being tranced. Trancing is not for every rabbit, someare very scarred when its done.

I do agree that it makes trimming nails easier.

Latest posts

Back