Happy thumping??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshAndMaple

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I've just adopted a 3-month-old bun called Bluebell. I've had her two days and she's already the most affectionate, outgoing bunny I've ever met. She's extremely vocal, and is always honking and binky-ing when she runs up to see me. She's obsessed with grooming me and following me around.

She also thumps way more than my other two (I've only heard them thump a few times when I'm hoovering!) - she'll jump up from a flop, thump, and then binky towards me before she starts grooming me again. She'll also thump sometimes mid-binky?

Does she just not quite understand how to rabbit properly? 😅 She was separated from her mum and brother at 9-weeks-old (accidental litter!), so I would have thought she would have learned usual rabbit behaviour from them.PXL_20230612_150212983.jpgPXL_20230611_202628734.jpgPXL_20230609_182527050.jpg

Rabbits don't only thump in warning or irritation, though that is the most common. They can thump when they're excited, to get your attention, or as a sort of pre take off thump when zipping around or jumping.

She's pretty adorable 🥰

Rabbits don't only thump in warning or irritation, though that is the most common. They can thump when they're excited, to get your attention, or as a sort of pre take off thump when zipping around or jumping.

She's pretty adorable 🥰
Oh that's really interesting! I was so confused as to why she was thumping, because she doesn't seem scared or upset at all 😅

She's so funny, I swear she only stops honking when she's asleep 😂

yes rabbits can thump to gain attention, as well as when they are annoyed

you can actually see a difference between the two in their body posture. If they thump when annoyed, they have a very still, alert, and upright body posture, they actually look like they might lunge at you too. I always think they have a look of "Don't you dare".

When they thump because they want attention, they sort of have a more relaxed sitting position and then afterward they sometimes start hopping around happily. If they thump just before binkying, you definitely know it's because they are happy and want your attention.

But yea, just watch her body posture, as that's a really good indication

Latest posts

Back