HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anneq

Reaction score
:p I know it's a little late, but wanted to wish all the vets a Happy Memorial Day!
God bless you for all you've done for us, and continue to do!
(hubby is a Korean vet - boy, does that age us! LoL)

Normally I am the first to post this and I always make sure to - Thank goodness you were here! I've been sick.

Thank you so much to all the veterans and their families. We owe you so much and you get so little for your service.

Happy Memorial Day to all the Veterans out there.

But I'm confused, does the States not celebrate Remembrance Day on November 11?

Susan :?

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

Did you guys see (on Jon and Kate plus 8) that they brought a bunner on the new espisode of Jon and Kate? It initally looked like a marked rex, but I think it was a flemmie!;)

What do you breeders think?

Veterans Day in the States is November 11th - Memorial Day was once called Decoration Day - I will have to see if I can find out more information on the significance of each holiday - I think Memorial Day is for those who have passed and Veterans Day celebrates all veterans.

Denise

I think you're right...

I shouldn't have posted what I did.... I'm not with it right now. My brain isn't working.

More appropriately: Thank you to those who gave their lives for us.

Memorial Day (decoration day) was originally intended to honor the Civil War dead. We now honor all those who died serving our country on this day.

Veteran's Day (originally Armistice day) marked the end of the "War to end all Wars" - WWI. In the US, we now honor all veterans on this day.

We spent Sunday in Washington, DC. "Rolling Thunder" (500,000 motorcycles) has a rally in DC to raise awareness of POW's. It's quite a sight to see all the bikes roaring through DC.

Pam

my 7 year old niece asked my mom what memorial day was so my mom explained it to her and told her about her grandfather served in the vietnam war so she decided to call her grandpa and tell him happy memorial day and to thank him for fighting for our freedom... she forgot to tell him which granddaughter was calling so she called back to tell him it was her... he laughed and told her i knew it was you sienna... I thought it was sweet of her

Latest posts

Back