Happy Cold Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suz

Reaction score
OK so do flemmies REALLY like cold weather or what!? I was up off and on all night worrying about Muppet, becuase last night was the first night it got into the twenties (Farenheit). I cleaned out her box last night and put a huge pile of fresh hay in there for her to organize (this is one of her favorite things to do). It's completely enclosed, except for the small hole for her to enter/exit of course. So in my head, I know she'll be fine, but I still worry.

So I come downstairs this morning after getting ready for work, situation my daugther, then go to let my dog out. I look out at Muppet's hutch and I don't see her out and about yet. So I put on my coat and shoes and head out there to see what's up. Here she is, up on her shelf in the wired cage part of her hutch just chilling out! I couldn't believe it. What, the box was too warm for her?? So she jumps down, stretches, and starts doing figure eights and binkies as I'm walking towards her. It was hilarious. I said to her "guess I'm a worry wart heh?"

I've hear rabbits like cold weather, but this is ridiculous! :D

:D sounds like my rexes! their bunnery isnt heated but, when it gets colder, they are given extra bedding and extra floor covering. they each have a hutch but are free to roam at night. last winter i got quite used to coming down ans seeing them lounging on the bare concrete - after having trashed their flooring:?

they seem to like lounging around in their garden in the rain too - great fun when im trying to get them in at night brolly in one hand, torch in the other.

they arent much better in the summer either - mid day will find them stretched out in the sun doing the baked bunny. if i chivvy them back into the nice shady cool bunnery, they only hop back out again when i've gone.
:D

I just brought her in a few hours ago to exercise and she immediately curled up her favorite spot next to the garage door and didn't move. I think she was too hot. Crazy bun! So I put her back outside after an hour (seeing as she wasn't going to do anything!) and she got all excited once back out there again.

I just can't relate, becasue I spend my entire life freezing cold (i have no circulation). So to me, she's nuts! But she sure is loving this weather so far! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back