Hand sanitizers/antibacterial wipes and rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braden8558

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum, and I am wondering whether hand sanitizers and antibacterial wipes are safe around rabbits once they dry u. Like say I use hand sanitizer at school and then touch my backpack or wipe it off on my backpack then let my rabbit run around and he is near or touches the backpack. Is that alright? I just don't want to harm him and I use wipes in the car as well so are they alright for rabbits once they are dried up?

Thanks, Braden

If they contain alcohol, most of it would evaporate, but I'd still play it safe & not let a rabbit chew on one.

BYW, for use on rabbits, wipes should be unscented baby wipes.

Because of the high alcohol content, no one should ingest liquid hand sanitizer, but once it's dry I think it would be safe.

Alright thanks. Another example would be like if I use hand sanitizer before opening my backpack and then open it later to get my homework out which I do on my laptop, is it okay to pet my rabbit, and is it okay to pet my rabbit after i use my laptop?

Thanks, Braden

Back