Hand injury

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lhucky

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, we noticed our 4 year old bunny limping. He's eating fine, pooping fine, he just can't seem to put pressure on his left hand. we looked for abscess, there's none so far, we took him to the vet today, bones were intact. I think we're missing something, I'm just not sure where to look at right now...

He's a little bit overweight weighing 3.65 kg for a medium sized mixed breed. While his siblings only weight less than 2 kg.

His living alone in our balcony, open area, my husband built him a house made of wood, a little bit spacing for flooring. His fixed, but doesn't get along with others. We gave him pain med. he doesn't made a painful sound either. So... what could it be? Every morning, a lot of little birds eats with him. He doesn't seems to mind. We never saw him chase birds.

Gosh! After reading an earlier post about another limping bunny, it never really occurred to me that it could have been a spine injury. it's been raining hard here for a week now, low pressure area, with lots of thunderstorms. I might need to call the vet's office tomorrow to check if they saved a copy of his xray made earlier today. They're xray machine were re usable one. After using, you can just delete it and re use again. I'm not sure if they would keep a copy before deleting/re using

That doesn't look spinal to me. I wonder if it is more of a soft tissue injury (he pulled a muscle) rather than bone. The pain meds should help with that if that is the case. we had a bunny pull a muscle in her hind limb and she limped BADLY for a couple days, even on the pain meds.

Whew! That's a relief. But can anybody help look at his xray? Basically, we took him to the vet yesterday, looked at his front legs, took an xray, prescribed Meloxicam then sent us home, their usual vet weren't available until next week, unfortunately.

View attachment 1471691275877.jpg

Unfortunately those xrays aren't of his front paws, which is what I suspect is hurting him. At the end of your video I can see him holding up his front paw not seeming to want to put pressure on it . Until your regular vet is back to check out your bun, I would suggest limiting his movement by confining his space if at all possible, this will help keep him from further injuring the leg if there does happen to be a broken bone or possibly a fractured toe. Also possible is a soft tissue injury like Ravenousdragon mentioned.

Latest posts

Back