Hamster!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*poifect*

Reaction score
Heya guys im in fortaventura at the moment (dontthink i spelt that right!) Its so sunny i thought i´d go inside andcool down :cool:

anyway I´m getting a hamster this weekend and was wondering do any ofyou have experience with them? are they ok wiv rabbits? (im not gonnaput them in the same cage!) So if ya have any info please give it tome!!

thanks a million

anabell :bunnydance:

yeah i have had a few in my time! thats greatyou are getting one, what type? Syrians can only live by theirselvesand they are the biggest, all dwarf hamsters like russian, chinese androboroskis like to live in pairs or more. They are nocturnal, so maykeep you awake at night if they are in your room. They should have thebiggest cage you can afford, and if you are getting any type apart fromthe syrian they will need the cages with the narrower apart bars. Theylove to chew things, and as their teeth grow continuously they need tochew as well, so get them wooden toys and mineral stones. They alsolike tubes to hide and sleep in. And definitely don't buy that cottonwool looking bedding, it often kills them if they swallow it, use safebedding or similar. Any questions, just ask i will try and help.

I have had a cupple of hamsters in my life, Iown a veryelderlyguy right now. Dont mixthem with Rabbits even for playtime, The rabbit may stomp the hamster.I know a fair amount about hamsters, there fairly straight forward. Ifyou have any questions feel free to contact me as well.

:stikpoke

... I enjoy that emotion :)

ok thanks guys will do! I´m probs getting a syrian 8´ve heard they are the most friendly is that true?

anabell:bunnydance:

Generally syrians can be nasty to start with butthey become very friendly, i find russian dwarfs are always nasty, butmaybe it is just the 3 i have had, and others don't bite they just runfast!

Congrats ongetting a hamster! We've had a few in the past. Westarted out with 3 Russian Dwarfs named Hamtaro, Cappuccino andEspresso. They were cute, but not really all thatfriendly...they even nipped quite a bit. Plus there life spanis sooo short. After they died we decided to get a syriannamed Twister. He was the most friendly hamster I had everseen! My son could walk around the house with him on hisshoulder or in his shirt pocket.Twister would watchTV with him or sit in his pocket while he played video gamestoo. He died at the age of2 1/2fromcancer. After Twister died, we got a guinea pig namedBindi. She is just as friendly, but doesn't fit in my son'spocket! lol:D

Good luck with your new littlebuddy! Here's a pic of what Twister lookedlike......

hi there

we'd love to see pictures of the little hammy when u get it

have u a name for it

im sorry i cant remember who it was but they named my litttle girl hamster molly and not forgetting lucy my princess

and ive also got another hamster called toffee

I got my hamster!!!!!!!!! he's super fluffy and really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lurv Anabell :mrsthumper:

Latest posts

Back