Hamster babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends on the child I always say. I have one child who is nearly 14 years old and I know I would not put any pet in his care as he is too preoccupied with other things and would 'forget' to care for them. Than I have a 12 year old whom I have been able to trust to take care of anything since he was very young. He has always been responsible but not only that- compassionate. I have a 5 year old who helps care for our pets. I don't trust that he will do all their care but I am teaching him about their care by having him help me. I, at 7, had my own hamster and took good care of her. I had been begging for a pet for a long while before I got her so I took care of her because I was so greatful to have her. It just varies with the child.

Saudade wrote:
You don't have to touch them to take a picture. I mean theoretically you are touching them by hitting them with photons but I'm pretty sure your hamster isn't smart enough to know that.

Though if she's smart enough to know that you could debate to her that she caused them to become particles by observing them.

Just take a picture of the nest with the babies in it, you don't even have to disturb it.

The flash of the camera could upset the mother; leave everything alone

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080118151208AAnsdB0

Blimey charley took me ages to get through this thread and i only wanted to say "how cute" and look forward to the pics. Sounds like you are going to have great fun with these cute teddybears. I love hamsters too and have had loads, Only girls though for some reason xx Hope they all still doing well xx

They opened there eyes last night, there are 3 beige ones, 2 white ones, and one I don't no what he is! but there dam cute!

Can't wait for the photos when the babes are old enough to safely have them taken. :D

Jenk

Then take a picture without the flash, if it's bright enough for you to see colors then it's bright enough for a shot without a flash. Even a picture of the mommy on her nest would be cute enough.

Sister broke the camera so pictures are out of the question! but The mother catches them by the leg and brings them back to the nest so cute!

Oh how convenient.

Oh well, it seems quite odd for her to pick them up by the legs, I would of though she would grab them by the neck and move them. At least that's what most mammals do.

Saudade wrote:
Oh how convenient.

Oh well, it seems quite odd for her to pick them up by the legs, I would of though she would grab them by the neck and move them. At least that's what most mammals do.
I'm not trying to pick a fight but any time you reply to anything in my threads you so rude, could you please just stop, If I say the cameras broken it is broken, why would I lie?
I don't know why she grabs them by the babies leg?

Actually, I tried to help you and you were rude to me.
This is the only other thread I've posted talking to you in because of these things.

You've so far only ever been very rude and obnoxious to me, you ignore any helpful advice we give to you. I just notified you of something that could be dangerous for these babies, the mother could break their legs by lifting them and pulling them like this.

If you're trying to make enemies instead of friends this is the perfect way to go about it.

I bid you good day sir, you'll never get help from me again.

Saudade wrote:
Actually, I tried to help you and you were rude to me.
This is the only other thread I've posted talking to you in because of these things.

You've so far only ever been very rude and obnoxious to me, you ignore any helpful advice we give to you. I just notified you of something that could be dangerous for these babies, the mother could break their legs by lifting them and pulling them like this.

If you're trying to make enemies instead of friends this is the perfect way to go about it.

I bid you good day sir, you'll never get help from me again.
Pfft I'm not going to argue with you!
But what can I do, If I take the babies away from her then they will die There all perfectly healthy and growing up well so I can't complain in how she is raising them.

It's fine for her to drag them like that, that's what all Mammy hamsters do, they grab them by the legs and neck and pull them back in. It looks rough but it's actually fine ;)

irishbunny wrote:
It's fine for her to drag them like that, that's what all Mammy hamsters do, they grab them by the legs and neck and pull them back in. It looks rough but it's actually fine ;)
There getting so cute! It's unbelievable! There hair is starting to get long!

I just found the runt of the litter killed only one leg and it's tail remaining, Yesterday I started to handle them, and I handled that one the most because I was planning on keeping it, But they are about 18 days old So I would have thought by now they would be too big, But this one was the smallest can you get hamster peanuts?

Latest posts

Back