Hamm's New Cage is Done!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarkingPup

Reaction score
So I finally finished it! A lot of stuff was not mentioned in the tutorials...

Like, always put on the door last otherwise it's not stable enough to stand.

Your fingers will be raw and bruised if you don't have pliers for the zip ties.

Sticky vinyl tile is D**n hard to cut and you better do it right the first time otherwise you end up with a lot of cracked tile that you have to duct-tape together.

Don't use S**tboard (My dad calls it that, don't know what it actually is) because it splinters from the drill and has layers of various hardness.

The exacto knife is your most very bestest friend evar.

If you can't block the bunny from the zip-tied panels, don't let the bunny out. Unless you want him to snip all of the ties too short so you have to redo the entire wall.

Make sure your screwdriver for the wheels is of good quality and the bit you use is not slightly too small for the screwhead and strips halfway through, resulting in hammer pounding, more screwing, and a lot of swearing. And, eventually, duct-tape.

Make sure the wheels are at least two inches from the edges otherwise your drill can't go through and you have to abandon two holes for the base.

Vinyl tiles will peel when exposed to the vibrations of a drill too close to a seam.

But despite everything I persevered. And this is the result!

hamm172.jpg

hamm171.jpg

And for some pictures of Hamm inside and out of his new home:

hamm084.jpg

hamm015.jpg

hamm082.jpg

hamm178.jpg

hamm069.jpg

Hmmm, some of my pics are not showing the editing...

Thanks everyone! It was definitely worth the blood, sweat and tears!

It got the bunny seal of approval after Hamm stopped giving me dirty looks because I tricked him into going inside! He loves his shelves and hops all over the place now ^^

The cats have been exploring it too and now they want one...

EDIT: Right, for anyone who wants to try their hand at it this is the site I used. However, I referenced RO's tutorial (Despite being unable to see the pictures) and DEFINITELY criss cross the Zip Ties otherwise you end up with slide'y panels.

These cages are HARD to make, You are so right Barking Pup it really is blood, sweat, and tears to make one!

Back