Hairy the fuzzy lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww thanks, Bangbang is gorgeous too and I lovethat name, it's so unique! I always think of basil brush when I seeBangbangs name :D. On the newer show I think basil had a cousin thatwould say "bang bang" in much the same was basil says "boom boom".

Yeah I didn't quite know how the other rabbits would react. Lucky wasvery happy to smell another rabbit on me but BunBun was so p'd off, heeven chased Lucky and nipped her bum because he didn't want me to touchher. It's neat how he loves her so much but I'll have to be morecareful from now on with smells and hand washing.

Aww! He's really cute :D

His coloring is so unique- with the white dot on the head and theslight bit of black on him. Looks like even if the other bunnies don'ttake to him, he's got a friend in that kitten, lol!

:bunnydance:

BunBun is not a happy camper :(, he's turnedreally nasty overnight and I've had to seperate him and Lucky becausehe keeps attacking her and she's getting really frightened. Leo (that'sHairys' new name) isn't even anywhere near them and BunBun is stillacting horrible. He's acting just like he hasn't been neutered, he'sspraying and grunting and biting anything that moves. I hope a fewhours alone calms him down. He can't see Leo from where he is either.

BunBun is very special to me and I don't want him to end up miserable but I'm not quite sure what to do.

Aw, poor Lucky. BunBun should be fineonce he realizes his life isn't going to change just because anotherbun is there.

Snuggy does the same thing when I bring any strange rabbit in thehouse. She bullies Baby something terrible. I puther in"time out" (in the carrier) when it gets too bad andshe calms down.

Jordi or Wesley willturn on each other when they smell another animal. It breaks my heart!

They get over it in a day or two though. I usually will seperate themfor a while and then do some emergency bonding techniques, like puttingthem together on the dining room table (they hate that, it's like thecar technique) and making them share treats & veggies.

Hugs and strength to you!

Leo is just adorable!!! You're lucky to havesuch a cute boy!!:colors::colors::colors:I love the ones ofhim and Brewster:D

And I really hope things change with Bunbun, hopefully he'll get usedtothe new arrivaland calm down, fingers crossed!

Oh nooo, he's pulled out the angry angry moves...
Just give it a little time for him to settle in, bringing a new pet inoften upsets the resident pets!!! When I brought home Endo (the guineapig) Bangbang was FURIOUS, whenever she saw her she would charge at hergrunting, thumping and acting like a real devil!
It has taken time and now they live in the same area (seperated), Endoloves Bangbang, Bangbang likes endo being there but I would NEVER trusther alone with Endo she tries to dominate her and she's HUGE i'mworried she' suffocate her or something...
We'll keep our fingers, toes,arms,lets,paws and ears crossed that things work out!! GOODLUCK!!!:purplepansy::pinkpansy:

I'm glad to report that things are HEAPS better today! :bunnydance:

BunBun and Lucky are back together again with no aggression which isawesome. It was really nice of you guys to be so reassuring :hearts.

Lucky and BunBun are in a new hutch now - well it's not 'new', but it'snew to them. I've got a hutch with a run just like your standaredoutdoor rabbit housing plus I've added a big bit of extra run onto theend. The entire thing is about 8 feet long, 4 feet wide and 2 feettall. They seem to really be enjoying it.

Leo is in their old cage which is 6 feet long by 2 feet wide and tall,I really want something a little bigger but because he's a singlerabbit for now I thought it best that the others get a bit more room.I'm going to build some more run area for him when I get the chance. Idid some more brushing of his fur today but there are heaps of dags andtangles, I might need to take our electric clippers to him (the kindyou shave mens head with when they get hair cuts).

Anyway, I'm off to start a new blog and that'll take me a while so I better get cracking. :crash

:great:wooohhooooo!!!! That's excellent, fingerscrossed that things keep improving! We had to clip a bunny at work thatwas matted, just need to be very very careful however they have verydelicate skin that can tear very easily. We did it little by little andonce the larger matts had been removed the rest was easily brushed out.
GOODLUCK!

Latest posts

Back