HAIRLESS ENGLISH LOP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaGirl322

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was in a different forum and was talking about all of my rabbits. I had mentioned that I had a "Hairless English Lop." Immediately, someone suggested I post just about her. She is almost 8 months old to date and still has no hair, except the occasional "patches" here and there. I have a picture of her when she was a new born and also another one of when she was about 12 weeks old. I have a current pic too, but do not have it with me at the moment. I imagine that the hairless gene kicked in from too much line breeding since she came from my beeders stock that she has had for over 30 plus years. When she was born, she was in a litter of 9, including her. We lost 3 out of that litter and just knew she would be the next to go... (survival of the fittest) but ironically enough, all throughout the nesting process, her brothers and sisters kept her warm. My concern was when I went to seperate the litter, would she be able to survive without the warmth and love of her siblings....??? The answer is yes!:highfive: Shedid survive. Her 5 remaining brothers and sisters have since been "kicked" outside... :( but she remains in doors. She cannot tolerate the extreme cold, not the extreme heat. She loves it inside and I don't really think she knows that she is "Not normal"... of course, we don't tell her any different...LOL!! :roflmao:It is funny though because my husband says she looks like splinter off of the teenage ninja mutan turtles.... either way, she is a mess, my mess, she belongs to me, and I love her. We will never be able to breed her, but we will love her while we have her here with us. It is one of those one million in one things that happens. You never know. Her momma, who is Storm (which I do have a pic of also) will be bred again in the spring. Hopefully, she will not produce another "pinky" but if she does, we will love it the same way we do Pinky now!! Anyway, feel free to leave a comment or ask questions.

I had actually called my breeder and told her about Pinky the day she was born and she said she has NEVER had a hairless bun born... I guess I am just the chosen one!! :happyrabbit:

Oh I would love to see more pictures! You can post pictures in your topic with a [ img] code, there's a tutorial in the help section in case you didn't know.

She is oddly cute... I didn't expect to think that! I would love to see more!

I figured I'd post the one picture she posted in the gallery here so that everyone can see it.

Surprisingly cute!! I still want more pictures :)

15883_101635_580000002.jpg

Marsha, Thanks a bunch... I don't know how to do that yet, I am new to this. but I am back home in front of my computer so I can post the latest one of her...

Newest pic is in the Gallery!! I will be sure to take better ones really soon!! I will also tell her that she has become a star online... She will binky for sure!! :happyrabbit:

Hi Tasha! No problem. To post pictures you need the image link, so you right click the picture and (depending on your browser) you can either hit Copy Image URL, or click properties and from there copy the image URL.

Then you get to the forum you want to post the picture in, type this [ img]PASTE IMAGE URL HERE[/ img]

You take out the two spaces I put in the two img code parts, and it should post the picture! That was probably clear as mud, feel free to PM me if you need more explanation :)

Again... Pinky is soooo cute, I never thought I'd find myself saying that about a mostly hairless anything :p

She is very cute. We once had a naked rat, mutated from the rest that were extremely furry. He was the cuddliest little guy. Maybe because he was always cold. She does look cute, bet she would like a couple of sweaters. Great name for your city. lol

Back