hair.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuddlexoverload

Reaction score
okay. so Holly had matted hair, on herbottom. from poop and pee and what not. i was reading that flies in thesummer will lay eggs in moist places.. i didnt want my babes to havelittle maggots on them. so i was going to cut the matted areaout ofHolly's hair, because washing it just wouldnt work. Shedidn't really do anything about the scissors, it actually seemed likeshe liked it?.. And then... I was like "wouldnt she be alot coolerwithout all this fluffyness?" I was partially curious to see how shelooked under all that too... So I went to cutting her hair! my mom camein and said she looked ugly and i shouldnt have started it.. But it wastoo late.. Id rather have a cool bunny than a cute hot one. shes not afluffy girl anymore, and yeah, she did look cuter before. and someonejust said they shed their summer coats in the summer anyway, but i dontthink she would get that much off. uhh.. shes cleaning herself rightnow.. Haha. look at this girl and tell me what a bad job I did! haha..and tell me how stupid iam for doing it... (She kind ofreminds me of a shihtzu after they come back from the groomer, becausethey are like shaved, with poofy tails. well atleast thats how myneighbors pups are)
DSC03296.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

Um.. yeah. notice my dirty carpet? my mom notices it too. hahah.. dirty animals.

Yeahh.. my poor little Holls.

She almost looks like a new breed ! LOL Maybe you have missed your calling.. you should be a bunny stylist lol

Its not that bad you can even it out lol:p Ithink shes cute no matter how short her hair is. You did a better jobthan I would have. I cant even imagine what Bugs would look like if Icut her hair:shock::)

She looks like a my neighbor's Lhasa Apsopuppy. She looks so cute. What a cool new look for summer. I love it.At least she not 'nekked' like poor 'Bastine was.:p What a doll.

Tina

bunsforlife wrote:
She actually looks like a little lamb!

Adorable... and hey... at least you didnt shave her and put her in a Speedo like Raspberry did to poor Sebby :D
That's what I was thinking! She's still cute even with her new "do."

Cuteness! She looks like a stuffed animal! :D

Of course, I might not be the one to ask for an objective opinion,sinceI've been known to shave my roomate's Persians w/opermission (they had matts, okay?! ;P ), & routinely kept myex-fiance's Maine Coon shaved w/ a mohawk when he was living here (theex hates hairless cats, but I thought the mohawk was sexy... and he wasmuch cooler & matt-free when he was shaved...)

Before:

coop1.jpg

After:

zoolander2.jpg

Lmao @ the mowhawk.. used to have a maine coonand completely understand. maybe cuddlex and alice should open theirown business???

Ok as a professional hairdresser I suggest you ALL send your bunnies tome here in OZ to be clipped, return time will be ummm,,,,,,, NEVERLOL,,,, Seriuolsy though she looks so very cute, you did very well, Ilove the piccie of her stretching into the plant,

Holly looks so cute!!!
I won't have to worry about Bindy and hair as she is short hair mindyou my daughter wanted to fudge her pink for easter and yes I declaredNO!! No bunny of mine will be coloured that's for sure!! :p

I am sositting here in a fit of giggles withthe rabbit and the cat ,its so cute !!! who would have thoughtto shave a long haired bunny for summer, I would have ever thought if it ,

Hon is she starting to developehock sores on her left foot ? itlooks a little too pink ? justcurious .

im sorry i have to excuse myself for a few minutes im still giggling too hard.

cuddlexoverload wrote:
...Holly had matted hair, on her bottom. from poop and peeand what not. i was reading that flies in the summer will lay eggs inmoist places.. i didnt want my babes to have little maggots on them. soi was....
Some of us add a drop or two of vanilla flavoringto our buns' drinking water in an effort to stave off flystrike or the depositing of flies' eggs and subsequent maggots on bunnybums.

It seems most flies find the odor of the vanilla in the poop and pee tobe offensive and do not freguent it often. It onlytakes a couple of drops per water bottle or a teaspoon per gallon to beeffective. Measurement is not critical, nor does it make adifference if the vanillla is natural or artificial, otherthan the price you will pay for it,

Buck

I am cracking up over here.

You really got carried away with the scissors, huh?

She is very cute and I think she looks like a lamb, too.

I'll bet she's much more comfortable.

Oh! thats a pretty weird/good idea about thewater..., and to who asked if she had something wrong with her footbecause it was looking a little pink... The place I got her, theydecided they would make one foot pink and then put pink in the ear, sothey didnt have to check sexes.. hah.. uh. yeah, i want that to go away.

...yup

What a Little Doll!

I'm definitely in love. I've been meaning to tell you how Ijust adore Holly. I've seen pictures of her here and there,and I thought the avatar was the best, but now seeing this...Even Cuter!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back