Hair loss on hindleg

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xaanterra

Reaction score
My 2 y/o female (spayed) rex Java has a strange bald patch on the inside of her back right leg. The skin looks healthy- no redness or sign of irritation and it's the only place she's missing fur. I've noticed that the fur will grow back, but then she goes bald again. I haven't seen her pluck it out, but I assume that's what she's doing. I have another bun in the house but I've been waiting for the boy (Juno) to calm down after being neutered before I start intros.

Could she be self-barbering because of stress or lack of protein in her diet? :?

hey!

I was just about to post a similar sort of question and saw yrs. How is yr bunny now?

I have a year old male unneutured who is losing his fur. All down his belly and legs. Its left big bald patches. I'm not a rabbit expert and this is the first winter i've had with mine. He has been out all winter and has grown a thick coat.

The skin is not red or irritated, there doesn't appear to be any signs of parasite and he's not bothered by it. I wonder if it is just due to malting but would seem accessive to go bald.

Otherwise the fur over his head and back remain glossy and healthy, he's well in himself, has a normal diet and there are signs of the hair growing back.

Have you got to the bottom of yr bunnies problem yet?

sarah x

It kinda sounds like your bunny is having an extreme molt, lol. My bunny never loses hair except in this spot. She's a rex so she has a really thick coat. It's rather strange... I just assume she's pulling it out.

Latest posts

Back