Gus got a new NIC cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnybunnymummy

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
So I sold Gus's old cage and took the money and bought some NIC panels and zip ties. Then I spent this evening assembling it all.

Here's his old cage:
8526_278084955505_779545505_8823105_8009421_n.jpg

And here's his new one! He went from 6 sq. ft. of space to over 14 sq. ft! Lucky bunny! He seems to really like the levels I've added. I'm planning to create a bedroom area on the far side. Just gotta get some cardboard or a box that will fit.
12839_338043715505_779545505_9762380_5669213_n.jpg

Making sure his litter box hasn't changed.
12839_338043720505_779545505_9762381_6009757_n.jpg

I think he approves. He had himself a bath, then did a dead bunny flop! ;)
12839_338043710505_779545505_9762379_2927315_n.jpg

This is too cute not to post! The boys were helping snip off the ends of the zip ties and I locked them in! :biggrin2:
12839_338043700505_779545505_9762378_8367046_n.jpg

Anyway, hubby even helped me assemble the panels, so I think this means we're keeping him... :)

Rue

Hey really great cage, very neat. When i had one i used the conectors but they didnt fit together so neat as with just the zip ties like you have used.
Is it in a bath room? That is such a perfect spot x

Thanks!

Yes, it's in our spare bathroom. We never used the shower in there (it was actually used for storage up until Gus came along!) so I laid a piece of plywood (covered in linotiles) on top of the tub to make a base for his cage. It's really handy being so close to a sink too!

Oh, and I tried the connectors and they were just too finicky! It's really much quicker and easierto use the zip ties!

Thanks!

Rue

funnybunnymummy wrote:

Anyway, hubby even helped me assemble the panels, so I think this means we're keeping him... :)

Good to hear you're keeping the husband.

Cage looks great!

lol - keeping the husband does have its benefits.

Very nice NIC Cage! It looks much roomier than your old cage. :)It looks "warmer" too.

Thanks, guys!

Helen: Yeah, his old cage had a very sterile feel to it. :(This onelooks much more comfortable.And I think he thinks so too. Even with the cage door open, he tends to sleep insideit and not on thefloor by the bathroom door like he used to! (Smart bunny! ;))

Nicole: I ended up gettinga set of 23at Home Depot and a set of 13 at London Drugs. (I decided I couldn't wait for a sale!) Initially I'd intended to build hima bigger cage (like this: http://www.guineapigcages.com/images/rabbitcage.jpg), but due to budget constraints I ended up only getting the 36 panels.But I think it worked out in the end, becausethis cageseems just right for Gus. :biggrin2:

Rue

Man americans are SO lucky that NIC cubes are so readily available. I wish we could get them cheaply here in Australia.

Thanks, guys!

Christina: I must say, a standard tub enclosure seems like it's almost "made" to hold a 4x2 NIC cage! :)

Lawrence: I don't know what the prices are, but I heard that Bunnings stores carry them in Australia. Hope that helps!

Rue

Rue, the cage looks fantastic... fits that space beautifully, and gives you a place to store the kids.

All round awesomeness :D
I never thought of putting a board over the tub... genius!

I would SWEAR that Gus has found his forever home ;)
He looks very happy at your house, Rue!

Thanks, Autumn!

Kid storage is always important. ;)

And I think Gus has found his forever home!!! Ever since he nearly did find a new home a couple weeks ago, hubby's attitude has really changed about him. He went from, "Get rid of him!" to "Well, I guess we're stuck with him." :p

Of course, I had a feeling he'd eventually cave. All the while he was saying "Get rid of him", he would pet the bunny and feed the bunny treats and even KISS the bunny. Any man who kisses a bunny is not going to "get rid of him." :biggrin2:

:bunnydance:

Rue

funnybunnymummy wrote:
All the while he was saying "Get rid of him", he would pet the bunny and feed the bunny treats and even KISS the bunny. Any man who kisses a bunny is not going to "get rid of him." :biggrin2:
Any bunny-kissing man is done like DINNER!

Congratulations, Rue!

You found an amazing forever home for Gus!:highfive:

Latest posts

Back