Gurgling Tummy. VERY URGENT!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the fluffies

Reaction score
HELP!
i gave my rabbit REGLAN before notice he has a gurgling tummy!
It is 5am in Malaysia and i dont know what to do know.
I have Simethicone and Benebac. When should i use them? I shouldn't be given together with Reglan rite?

PLEASE HELP.

he is not eating n drinking by himself since yesterday. i have force feed him with critical care 5 hours ago. he is twisting n rolling a lot, so i tried not to touch him or else he will keep rolling. just now i realised his stool became very small so i tot giving reglan will bring his gut moving.

this is him - http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f27/slightly-tilt-head-nystagmus-eyes-76079/index6.html

but when i lay down by himself ang put my ears close to him tummy, i heard gurgling. i tot his tummy is a bit distended bcoz he is not peeing since yesterday.

Sorry if you've already answered this but is there someone that can give him sub-q fluids? Can you syringe him water? Try and feed him every four hours as well.

If his stomach is distended, that's not good. Sorry I'm not much help, maybe someone more experience will be able to give you an answer...

If you can't get to a vet right away, you could try the simethicone. It won't cause any problems with the reglan. All simethicone does is reduce the surface tension of gas bubbles to make them less painful and easier to pass. Normal dosage is 1-2cc every hour for 3 hours then 1cc every 3-8 hours as needed. If he is severely bloated, you need to get him to a vet immediately!

If he has stopped eating on his own, it may have to do with the antibiotics. Some can cause a loss of appetite. I'm not familiar with the one your vet is using, but you could maybe try a different kind, like the Zithromax or injectable bicillin, that might not be so hard on his stomach.

Latest posts

Back