Gurgling moving stomach

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munchkin

Reaction score
As posted on this thread - http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=25823&forum_id=48

I have brought a gorgeous lionhead rabbit home from work as she was ill and I was scared she might die if left alone (it's a holiday here tomorrow so shop is closed)

She is active, eating, drinking water and has done that flop on her side that I always think means they are relaxed and happy, however her tummy is actually moving - and gurgling. I've seen this once before in a video on youtube when a rabbit was dying, so I am concerned and hoping someone can reassure me that it is just showing her tummy is moving again, and she is on the mend.

Please?

If not - what can I do to help her?

Thanks in advance

It could be bad gas. I've seen bunny tummy's move when digesting before.

Can you get her some gas medicine with simithecone in it?

Make sure she's eating, drinking and pooping.

--Dawn

:yeahthat:

I seem to be minutes behind all of those with the good advice!. At least I get to use this neat smiley.

Poopin?
Peeing?
Eating?
Drinking?

And I second the suggestion for some simeticone.

Great news - I gave a bit of simethecone so we have solid poops, and she is racing around the tv room binkying.

I think she's gonna be ok!!!!!

I'm soooo happy.. :biggrin2:

:bunnydance:
Gas has a way of coming back, so keep an eye on her.

The way the simeticone works is not that it elimiates gas, but it breaks down all the little bubbles and hleps to form one larger one. It takes up less room and is easier to pass.

Latest posts

Back