Gulp, NOT GOOD

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyScraper

Reaction score
So, my rabbit Todd was in the playpen, and Peach was running around the yard. So, fine ok you would think right away. A couple days ago, but, when I came back that night I looked and Todd had gotten out with Peach. He jumped out of his playpen.
I am just really REALLY hoping they did not mate because then I would have mix breed rabbits. Angora, Todd, and Peach is Kiwi's sister, a white mini rex. The babies (If they have any) will be REW rabbits because Peach and Todd are both REW's and have REW back grounds.
Wish me luck as to her not being pregnat. It will take me a while to find those little ones a home:( But, what is done is done and I can do nothing about it! :DAll well nothing I can do but Hope can I?

Oh darn! They find a way to escape when you least expect it! (Time to get that boy a higher sided playpen!)

One thing you can do is count 31 days on the calandar, get a nest box ready and be prepared.... just incase. (I'd get a weight on Peach... like today. And see if she gains any weight over the next few weeks.) :foreheadsmack:

I would also bug the tar outta Blue Giants about nesting behavior... she really enjoys that...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

No use crying over spilt milk (or an accidental breeding) - but you've gotten good advice. We haev a great thread pinned somewhere here if she is pregnant too....
I'll try to find it for you. Here is another good thread to read:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12047&forum_id=17

Know that we'll be here for you if she does have babies - and you might want to set aside some money for a vet visit just in case it is needed. I doubt it will be - but since you have a month to prepare......it might help!

Peg

I know how to check if she's pregnat and all that stuff. But, I am not worried about her really having them or anything, but more like the babies. They will come out odd looking things, most likely odd. I am just worried about finding them a home if they are born.

You could always send her in for an emergency spay :).
There are many pluses.

Most people don't even care if they are purebred or not. They are fluffy baby bunnies that is what people see when they are loking for a pet they don't see a pedigree. You will have no trouble finding them homes if indeed she is pregnant, don't worry it will be fine.

~Hayley~

A releif has come. She is pregnat, but from a mini rex male I bred her with almost a month ago. She is due in about a week with MINI REX babies (Few)

:shock2:Did you forget you bred her? Or did you forget who you bred her with? Really gotta keep good records when you do these things... for the sake of the doe and her babies... Well, at least now you know and you can be ready for them.

BlueGiants wrote:
:shock2:Did you forget you bred her? Or did you forget who you bred her with? Really gotta keep good records when you do these things... for the sake of the doe and her babies... Well, at least now you know and you can be ready for them.
:yeahthat:

OK, as long as you know... Iunderstand how it is to have a lot going on... thank goodness you wrote it down! Let us know when she has the litter and how they turn out!

:D This will be her first litter as well as Kiwi just had her first. It is a Tri and a REW litter, so I wonder what colors I will get.

What you get depends a lot on what each carries behind them... especially what colors are behind the REW doe.

Latest posts

Back