Guinea pig help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bangbang

Reaction score
Hi all I need some advice and any links that are good would be appriciated.
I have an existing guinea pig she's 2 yrs old, name is Endo, she lives alone, well she is Bangbangs neighbour she's fond of Bangbang, my dog Marley grub and our other creatures. However she is bonded to Bangbang yet Bangbang isnt to her... when i tried to move Bangbang when she was sick Endo got sick as she didnt eat etc.

So two baby stray gp's came into work, both female. We never located and owner so i adopted them. My original question would have been how do i intergrate the youngins into her life? I would like her to bond with them so she can let go of Bangbang and actually have friends that like her!

Problem...

I think one of the baby pigs is pregnant.. i'm not 100% sure but im worried. I have no history of where they came from etc, all i know is that they were around 3-4weeks old when i got them, ive had them for around 3 weeks, they are definately female...

The one is question has rapidly in the last week become bigger then its sibling and more so in the tummy region. Now i had rats and bred them and its a similar look so im pretty sure she's pregnant. I will attempt a photo over the weekend and post it for opinions.

Regardless im really worried!!!!!!!
HELP!

Sorry another point, but isn't she too young to have babies!!!!!!!!!! she IS a baby and wouldnt it be dangerous!?

I'm not a total expert, but i'd try and get the pig to a vets to get pregnancy confirmed so you know whether you need to worry or not. If she is, keep her and her friend together for the time being away from Endo, the pregnant one needs to be as settled as possible. If she doesn't want the other baby one in there she will let you know, but they should be fine even when she gives birth, that's what i've heard, not been through it though. Then when the babies are 3 weeks old you need to take away the males, and you can then start bonding all oyur females, or if you prefer if you have one male you could get the male neutered and bond him with Endo. But if you have 2 males you could keep them together, or neuter both and put one with Endo and one with mum, sisters and aunt. As for her being too young, i got a pig from a pet shop at 6 weeks old and she had babies about 8 weeks later. Unfortunately it was the one day i had to leave her for my graduation and she and her babies died, so that's why i say get a vet to confirm it and keep their number on hand. I think my case was very unusual though, but better keep a close eye on her.

If she was only 3-4 weeks old changes are she's not pregnant ;)
They don't usually just rapidly get bigger in the stomach area like that they would get bigger and bigger over time. It could be a sign of another illness

I find on the guinea pig forums the people are a bit wacko. No offence to members but they just seem a wee bit off their rockers. If you do not do EVERYTHING to their letter you get attacked. I remember last year when I had piggies, before they got a virus?, and it was stupid. Who takes their healthy animal, even dogs and cats, to a vet every 6 months for a checkup? I mean why pay $40 for a person to look them over, just as you can, twice a year? It would be one thing if they needed test run every 6 months but it is just check ups.

it wasn't like KABLAMO she's fat, as for their actual age i was going on what the vet told me so its probably a load of bs. They both were growing at the same rate but over say the last 1-2 weeks she's grown bigger but only in the abdomen area. When my ratties were preggies they had that same look. Her nipples are more prominant today as well.

The biggest issue is i cant remember how long ive had them for hahaha~! i think its been 3 weeks maybe 4 ive just been so stressd out with work and Bangbangs issues i seriously cant recall!!!!!

If she is pregnant do i leave her in with her sister?

Yeah leave her in with her sister, unless she starts getting grumpy with her then seperate them, but she will let you know with rubmling and snapping etc

Latest posts

Back