guinea pig got mites when i recused it will it affect my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesska

Reaction score
hya guys, i resuced a guinea pig iv tuck it 2vet and its had some injections but would they have pass to my rabbits,iv got sum power for killin mites for the guinea pig to help him stop itchin shall i put some on the rabbit just in case,and can i get them cause thinkin about them making me itch
:bunny2

I think they're different than the type of mites rabbits get, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can still affect the rabbits. Keep the guinea pig far away from the rabbits,preferably in a different room, and make sure you keep everything very very clean. Take care of the rabbits before the guinea pig then wash your hands immediately after taking care of the guinea pig.

Since I don't know what powder you are using, I don't know if that's safe for rabbits or not. It's best to call the vet and ask. He should be able to answer that over the phone.

I agree with Angela ..don't put anything on the rabbit until you thoroughly check it out.
I don't know what kind of powder they gave you for the pigs but I have usually heard of ivermectin being used for mange mites in both pigs and rabbits. Ivermection (I don't think ) is a powder but is usually given by injection (1 per week for three weeks) or is a liquid solution placed behind the pigs ears.
If the rabbit is showing absolutely no symptoms maybe he doesn't needany treatment because some mites prefer pigs over rabbits.
Don't treat the rabbit "just in case"

Latest posts

Back