Guest bunny gets to stay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwigbunny

Reaction score
A friend from work told me about a bunny their neighbor found in a parking lot. The family kept him for a month, bought him a cage and food, put up flyers, then decided to get rid of him for some reason after not being able to find his owners (it was 20 degrees out so I doubt he got loose on accident).

He came to me in a duffle bag (having been handed loose to my friend) and then spent 24 hours in a plastic box as big as he was. Then he spent about a week in a small dog cage. All while I decided if my siamese cat was going to eat him. After we established that the cat wanted to play and not nosh I built the bunny a cage using pieces from a cage the last time I had a bunny.

So that is the story of my new bunny. Here he is with the cat in his cage, which I am trying to train the cat not to do but it doesn't appear to be working.

4370827909_3d10c36668.jpg

What a sweetie!
He looks very chill, hanging out with the cat :)

I love the cage... kudos to you for helping out a little bun in need :highfive:

How wonderful!:D What a cutie, looks like could be a mini rex...my favorite.:inlove:

Our cat tries to get in Snuff's cage too, say if I run off to get water. We dont allow her in there, although, Snuff could care less, lol.;)

Congrats on your new addition!

:inlove:well done for giving a home to a cute little bunny in need. as servant to two rexes i have to agree with angelnsnuffy - looks a tad rexy:D

He's a gorgeous boy...and very lucky too..

What's his name?

His name is Baxter.

I don't know if he's a rex. My last rabbit was a minirex in a castor color and he had the different colored undercoat. I know that mine is really soft but I don't know if he's a rex or if he's just soft, lol. He is bigger then my minirex though.

bigwigbunny wrote:
I don't know if he's a rex. My last rabbit was a minirex in a castor color and he had the different colored undercoat. I know that mine is really soft but I don't know if he's a rex or if he's just soft, lol. He is bigger then my minirex though.
Oooh, then you know all about the wonderful breed! Castor is my favorite of the colors as well. Wow. Will look forward to seeing more of Baxter.:D

Oooops, it appears that boys and girls can have outies and after careful examination I have determined that Baxter is a girl. So now I need to find a new name.

Back