Guess who found Woddy Pet...!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetiora

Reaction score
I know many of you on here use Woody Pet (heck Inever would've heard of it had it not been for this forum) and I'veseen a few of you mention using it as bedding as well as litter. Nowthe litter part I think I have down but what about using it forbedding? Do you wet it down, wait for it to crumble and dry beforeputting it in with your bun or do you just put it in there in pelletform? Also, if you put it in their cage as bedding when you alreadyhave a litter box full of it, is it going to convince them to poop inthe rest of the cage (aside from territorial poos)? Kinda like "oh wellthis stuff is in my litter box so it must be okay to go potty heretoo!*whizz*" Just curious ;)

EDIT: Wow how I wish I could go back ans spell check the title :shock:It's Woody Pet! Woody Pet I tell ya! Arrgh, I'm gonna go find thenearest rock, crawl under it and die of shame now :?

I can't find Woody Pet!!! I'm going tomy last local TSC today, they carry the food Sampson is eating, but Iforgot to ask about Woody Pet when I called.

As for my guys, right now they all have wire bottoms (except Sampson)and I put a little pine under the grates to catch any misses.I have litter that is specifically for in the litter box.

I would have the same thought if you use the same thing in the litter box and in the cage, won't they just go anywhere?

Jen

They will probably have it. Look under the equinesection though. It took me a bit of looking around to find it but it'smost likely that it'll be there :)

Either the instructions on thepackaging or WoodyPet website provides information how it isto be used for bedding. I'd check the packaging, but we arenot at home and are on vacation at the present time.

We use it in our buns' litter boxes only, as they are on wirefloors. Study conducted not too long ago found that rabbitspreferred wire floors over wood floors with bedding in normal and warmweather conditions. Bedding may not be a necessaryrequirement is what I am getting at, but each to his own, of course.

Buck

OMG, I FOUND WOODY PET!!! I almost fellover when I saw it. I practically did a happy dance in themiddle of Tractor Supply (ok, not really). I wasamazed. I've been to 3 other TSC and none had it. Ialso found the food Sampson was eating and it's a good food and reallycheap, so it was a good trip. I left with 60 lb of Woody Petand 50 lb of Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe food for under $25.Yay for TSC!!

Jen

I'm pasting in the quote because thesite doesn't seem to be able to handle doing it's own quoting rightnow....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG, I FOUND WOODY PET!!! I almost fell over whenI saw it. I practically did a happy dance in the middle ofTractor Supply (ok, not really). I was amazed. I'vebeen to 3 other TSC and none had it. I also found the foodSampson was eating and it's a good food and really cheap, so it was agood trip. I left with 60 lb of Woody Pet and 50 lb of BlueSeal Show Hutch Deluxe food for under $25. Yay for TSC!!

Jen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL @ Jen doing binkies down the aisle @ TSC!!!!!!

~Jim

Vetiora wrote:

I know many of you on here use Woody Pet (heck I neverwould've heard of it had it not been for this forum) and I've seen afew of you mention using it as bedding as well as litter. Now thelitter part I think I have down but what about using it for bedding? Doyou wet it down, wait for it to crumble and dry before putting it inwith your bun or do you just put it in there in pellet form?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only use it for litter.

Instruction indicate that you should wet it down to use it for bedding,however it breaks down into a sawdust consistancy and can tend to be abit messy when use as a bedding.

Reluctantly I would probably use something like Carefresh for bedding.

My cages are wire bottom and I use hay in the buns sleepie boxes.

~Jim

I wish i could get woody pet. It's probaby at least a 3 hour drive, and we just can't afford to do that right now.

Cristy

JimD wrote:
I only use it for litter.

Instruction indicate that you should wet it down to use it for bedding,however it breaks down into a sawdust consistancy and can tend to be abit messy when use as a bedding.

Reluctantly I would probably use something like Carefresh for bedding.

My cages are wire bottom and I use hay in the buns sleepie boxes.

~Jim

Hmm, right now I have newspaper strips in his cage that he can tossaround in and such. The only thing (other than general messiness) I'dworry about with making the woody pet into the bedding is that theparticles might get in my bun's eyes or something....then again I'mparanoid for my bun a whole bunch! :shock:

Sleepie boxes huh? all I have is an igloo for my bun, which he seems toenjoy muchly but whenever I put bedding or hay in it he just shoves itout :? Course that might just be his personal taste so his mum haslearned not to put bedding in his igloo since.

Is it really necissary for buns to actually need bedding? After all,the only thing my bun does with it is shove it underneath his waterbottle when the water has dripped down onto the floor....well that andhe's taken a liking to nibbling on the news paper :p But otherwise hereally preffers to lay on the plastic floor for some reason :? Anythoughts? Anyone else's bun acts like this too? (Note to self: Go outand buy bunny a peice of fleece for a blankie....)

Here's the layout of my bun's cage (just because I felt like sharing) :)

bunnycage2.jpg

bunnycage1.jpg

Buck Jones wrote:
Either the instructions on the packaging or WoodyPet websiteprovides information how it is to be used for bedding. I'd check thepackaging, but we are not at home and are on vacation at the presenttime.

We use it in our buns' litter boxes only, as they are on wire floors.Study conducted not too long ago found that rabbits preferred wirefloors over wood floors with bedding in normal and warm weatherconditions. Bedding may not be a necessary requirement is what I amgetting at, but each to his own, of course.

Buck

Hmm, interesting study! :) Of course my poor bun's cage just looks sobarren without anything on the floor (then again he'll poop on it andit won't look barren anymore!! :p) Plus, until I can find a watterbottle that works for both me and bun there's always the problem of theleaky/drippy bottle :? so I suppose I really do need something there tocatch the excess water. Yay dilemma! :shock:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Pebbles stays in a plastic bottom cage. We have apiece of carpet that she lays on. I only use WoodyPet for her litter box.

Rainbows! :)

Does Pebbles actually stay in there without jumping out? Pipp (herfraternal twin in most areas) would be bouncing in and out of therelike a jack-in-the-box.

SAS

Vetiora wrote:
Is it really necissary for buns to actually need bedding?After all, the only thing my bun does with it is shove it underneathhis water bottle when the water has dripped down onto the floor....wellthat and he's taken a liking to nibbling on the news paper :p Butotherwise he really preffers to lay on the plastic floor for somereason :? Any thoughts? Anyone else's bun acts like this too? (Note toself: Go out and buy bunny a peice of fleece for a blankie....)
Meat has a few cotton rugs/blankets she can lay on, but she seems toprefer laying on the bare hardwood floor. There's noaccounting for taste. ;}

Pipp wrote:
Pipp(her fraternal twin in most areas) would be bouncing in and out ofthere like a jack-in-the-box.
lol....SAS I took the wire top off, justto take pictures. The many times I didhavethe topoff, Pebbles would peer overthe edge but has never jumped out at all. :D

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Pebbles stays in a plastic bottom cage. We have apiece of carpet that she lays on. I only use WoodyPet for her litter box.

I love that stool!! I really must find some. I'mmaking the NIC condos soon, and that just looks like such a great hideplace.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
I love that stool!! I really must findsome. I'm making the NIC condos soon, and that just lookslike such a great hide place.
Believe it or not......I got the stool at the Dollar Store! :p

I glued the heavy stone tiles on the stoolto weight itdown.The tilesfeels cool to thetouch, so Pebbles likes to perch up there on warmer days.

Latest posts

Back