Guess the bunny...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
So my cousin calls me and says he has the hugest NZ Buck he has ever seen.. and what good eatin he will make.

So of course the rabbit mysteriously ran off in the night.....never to be seen again..... *snikker*

This is suppossedly a discarded Easter Bunny, but everyone who has seen him has been like DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG thats a huge rabbit.

So I weighed him today..16.1 lbs... definitely over the weight range for a NZ, and his face isnt like my other 33... and his ears are HUGE compared to the others, as well as his tail is literally 5 inches long..

It's like when your looking down the row in the barn, rabbit... rabbit... rabbit... rabbit...... GODZILLA RABBIT..... rabbit.... rabbit.... rabbit...

So what do ya'll actually think he is?

Zin

bunny009.jpg

bunny010.jpg

bunny013.jpg

bunny012.jpg

i think he looks more like a conti or a brittish giant over here cause they don't have such wide ears like the flemish.

best to ask Pam though or blue giants!

Oh we love him too... although he gave me quite a fright this morning.. the newbies are in isolation, and he was in an enclosed hutch that was wrapped in a thermal blanket, with a heat lamp since it was 32 degrees. We leave the top unwrapped so there's like a foot gap between the top of the blankie and the roof of the hutch.. so I go tiptoing through the ice to peak in without disturbing them... so I slowly raise myself up to peer in, and he slowly stands up to look at me, so we were actually nose to nose, eyeball to eyeball..like sneaking up on yourself in a mirror.
It was like a cartoon... I screamed, he freaked... we both took off runnin..

The other rabbits cant stand up that tall...

Zin

Oh.. I forgot... I did take him to my breeder that I buy from, to ask his opinion. Once he got over the intial shock of his size... cause him in a carrier was like squishin my 6ft3 self in a Yugo... he said.. I dunno what he is, but he aint a NZ.. but he's gorgeous, I will give you $50 for him...

Needless to say...I still have him.

When I aquired him, it was really kinda funny. I snuck up to the Ag Farm in my friends car, since I have obvious vehicles, under cover of night, with a flashlight,dressed in dark clothes. I busted in the rabbit room blinded him with my flashlight.. he was paralyzed in fear. Grabbed him, stuffed him in my hoodie and hauled my fluffy out of there.

My cousin thinks that rabbit is a genius... he escaped out of his cage, then was thoughtful enough to lock it behind him, then closed and locked the rabbit room behind him, AND closed the gate to the Ag Farm.

I think my cousin may just be patronizing me..LOL.

Zin

Awww, what a sweetie! I think he looks like a Flemish or maybe a Flemish/NZ cross. 16 lbs is right around the right weight for a Flemmy.

I think you should call him Godzilla!:biggrin2:

Actually... I should be shot for this... but there is this FFA father we hate.. and he is an *official* volunteer. So he has the big head, and struts around. He also has some kinda nerve damage, so he takes 5 steps and adjusts his..um...*boys*.

So this rabbit has a HUGE head.. and he's a bit of a strutter... and he's obsessed with his testicles.

So the kids named him after Mr. Harrington.

Mr. Harrington, the man, fancies himself a banjo player, so my son made the rabbit a Banjo, that's rabbit sized, and plans on taking pics with him.

Actually Mr. Harrington, the man, is made fun of because his banjo skills consist of plucking the strings real slow like, and all that comes out is *clank clank clank*

So my son's quote on his MySpace is *Clank Clank Clank*

I hope Mrs. Harrington never cross references my MySpace to my son's and finds it...heh.

Zin

I'd say he's a Flemish Giant. 16 lbs is about right. He's got the broad head and (from what I can see) a semiarch over the back. There area number of Flemish Breeder in Texas, so I would expect they would be seen around there.

He's a lovely Ruby eyed white. Congrats! He should be a real sweetie! (You could bring him here!)

Well, I'm glad he's on your list too! ;)

Is his head the shape of a flemish? I didn't think it was - that's sort of why I was thinking cross.

I'd say his head is fine for a young buck. As he matures, itcould get "blockier" (if that's a word!). We also don't know the breeding andattributes of the lines.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but his body looks a little short for a pure-bred Flemish. Flemish x New Zealand hybrids are not unusual.

Pam

Latest posts

Back