Guess the breed (not in a pose - sorry)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
These rabbits were at the show this weekend and I had the hardest time figuring out what breed they were...so I finally asked.

Can you guess the breed?

[align=center]
DSCF8216.jpg

DSCF8217.jpg

[/align]

It's hard to tell because they look like youngsters - my first guess is Thriantas.

Blaze_Amita wrote:
my first thought was Thriantas, but possibly satins. aren't satins recognized in red as well??
Yes they are. :) I would think that the fur would be a bit different looking though. Even at this young age I think it would look silky and shiny.

Ok - time to share. You guys are good.

Eric kept looking at these rabbits and going, "now if I was gonna get one - I'd want one of those 'cause they're small and they're pretty"...

Finally - after trying to think about what breed they were (I knew they weren't Polish or Nethies) - I went and asked.

Turns out they are BABY (well - very young) Thriantas.

Eric was so disappointed to learn they'd grow up to be bigger...

Blaze_Amita wrote:
my first thought was Thriantas, but possibly satins. aren't satins recognized in red as well??

My second guess would have been Mini Satin. :)

Both Satin and Mini Satin are recognized in Red.

Red New Zealand was also a good guess - but they looked a little too "poofy".

I KNEW that Pam would nail it with all of her experience as a judge.

The thing is - all weekend I kept thinking, "If those were bigger I'd think they were thriantas....but they're such a small breed...".

DUH.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
My guess was Thriantas too. :) Love the breed. So gorgeous. When I start up my own rabbitry after college - that's what I'm raising!! :p haha. That and probably Mini Rex, or Standard Rex. :)

Emily
Woot! Thriantas are the bomb! :bunnydance:

I know its wrong...

but if I could hit them with a freeze gun and keep them that little I would SO do it!! That being said, they are incredible adults as well. :)

I think its good that technology doesn't exist. I would have a house full of bunnies, puppies, piglets and ducklings. hehe.

Latest posts

Back