grumpy bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quyntarious

Reaction score
So Awesum and I have broken up, and it was mutual, we are still friends. She will be moving out, and my issue is bun. He acts very grumpy toward her, at least in her opinion. He grunts at me too, I just blow it off and pick him up anyways. My biggest issue is this, when she moves out, I am scared he will never be let out of his cage, he still attacks Lola, and did it just a few days ago. Awesum just yells at him and curses at him. I try to tell her that he is just being teritorial. So when she moves out, I may end up with him because I want him to be happy, but I have classes to tend to. And letting Lola meet bun in his cage does no good because all she does it growl and bark at him. He gets all riled and starts shaking his cage. Amanda has told Lola to stop and has even threated to let bun out (she wouldn't, but that made me laugh) But I don't want him to be unhappy, he likes his freedom, but I don't know if I will be home enough to keep him company. I don't know what I am asking, maybe I am just venting.

Oh wow! What a difficult situation. I'm very sorry it didn't work out. And I am very happy that you are trying to figure out what is best for the bun.

If you are worried that she isn't going to take the best of care, then it would be best if you kept him. In my honest opinion, he deserves to be where he is loved and taken care of. I wouldn't be comfortable sending my rabbit to live with someone who yells and curses at it.

I agree.

He might be acting out due to hormones. How old is he? Evensomeneutered rabbits can go through a hormonal stage. As you said, he probably feels threatened and territorial due to Lola.

If she feels he doesn't like her, I don't think she will give him the attention he deserves.

I honestly think you should keep him.Do you have an area you can section off to give him room to run around? Or have you seen the NIC cages?

Yeah, she loves him, but I think as of late she thinks he hates her. I have a 2 bedroom apartment. So I have room for one rabbit, I told Awesum that if I don't end up with a room mate, that I would be more than happy to give bun a whole room. I think that she will take care of him, but I think he will be angry having to stay in his cage all of the time.

I don't either. Most rabbits need room to stretch their legs and run around or they become very depressed. If I don't give Pebbles at least an hour to run around, shebecomes very irritable and upset.

Have you tried to bond them in neutral territory? I would do that if she is serious about not taking him.

Then, if they don't bond, just give them each time out of their cages. Bo and Clover are in separate cages and get out in an Xpen together. She has a splayed leg from an injury and I am just afraid he might hurt her. We were going to put her and pig in a cage but pig passed away last week :(

If the cage isn't big enough, build them a NIC condo/duplex. They can't do too much damage through the NIC thing and still next to each other would be nice. Bo and clover are about 2 inches apart in their cages and are great playing - just not livingtogether.

I like that, it's very poetic. I might say that to her when she says he hates her again. Er, I might have for got to mention Lola is a chihuahua pug mix.

Latest posts

Back