grrrrrrr!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf lover

Reaction score
my rabbit ran out of food so i went to the pet store to get some (living world extrusion red bag)

i got there and i looked and i looked but i didnt find any ... soo i had to get a different bag

is it good to switch rabbit foods soo quickly?? but i have no choise ..help

Are you completely out of the oldstuff? If you have some of the old food left, you should mixit in with the new food.

Otherwise, if you are completely out, it should be safe to give yourbunny the new pellets. Just be sure to make sure he/she is eatingthem. Closely monitor his/her hay, food and water consumptionfor the next few days.

It's not good to switch all at once, but I understand you didn't have a choice.

Watch for signs of diarrhea. It's often the result of sudden changes.

In the future, keep an eye on the pellet supply and get more a week or so before you think you'll run out.

If you decide to switch back to the other brand, the transition shouldbe over 10 to 14 days, mixing in the new feed slowly.

Laura

when having to switch fast like that what I dois limit the new pellets and add extra hay, thereis less chance of upset tummy this way, and so far it has worked well.

this wasnt Shadow responding this was me I forgot she was signed in on my lap top, lol

shadow10978 wrote:
when having to switchfast like that what I do is limit the new pellets and addextra hay, there is less chance of upset tummy this way, andso far it has worked well.

My bunnies are used to 3 diffirent types ofpellets now so when I cant get one brand, I just get any of the other2. Works well when I dont have time to hunt around for a specific brand.

When I get a new rabbit and it doesn't come with food I mix alot of oatmeal

in with a 1/4 cup of pellets to start and work my way up to all pellets over

the course of a week. I also give them free choice hay. It works well for me

and I have not had any problems with them getting sick.

Roger L

You've already gotten a lot of good suggestions.

Gradual switching is always best, but unavoidable in this situation. Ifyour bun is otherwise healthy you shouldn't encounter any problems.

Adding rolled oats is a good idea (credits to RogerL ;)).

I might suggest that you freeze a portion of the pellets you decide to use....just in case your supplier should run out again.

~JimD

Roflmso, I sounded really knowlageable there fora second, and was wondering if I had gotten up in the middle of thenight and answered something on here lol. Gypsy I HATE it when you makeme think I did something I didnt do.

shadow10978 wrote:
Roflmso, I sounded really knowlageable there for a second,and was wondering if I had gotten up in the middle of the night andanswered something on here lol. Gypsy I HATE it when you make me thinkI did something I didnt do.
:laugh:

Thanks guys for the great info, sorry i didnt respond sooner my computer was acting wierd and not working so it took a while to get fixed and i found the kind of food i needed its called Living World E"X"Trusion Rabbit Food , i think its a bit different but oh well

Latest posts

Back