Grrrr........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
So, I have been doing some work on my kitchen. It originally had two UGLY ceiling fans and I decided to switch them out to nice simple fixtures. I've also put up new cabinets, gotten new appliances, painted and so on and so forth.

So, I have got the bug to finally finish up since I want to move down to florida this summer and still have a number of things to complete. Well, this weekend, my friend came over to help me install this light and we got light for a second...then BOOM! It sparked and knocked out the electricity running along the left side of my kitchen (which is where the fridge is) and both of the overhead lights! This is what happens with rotten wiring!

So I called my management company and lo and behold, how conveniant that electrical problems are mine to handle!!! They ONLY deal with PLUMBING!!! You believe that?!?! So, I pay nearly $800/month to get this response.

Ok, so I am getting an electrician and finishing up this kitchen so that I can put my place up for sale PRONTO. Now don't get me wrong, it is a great building and freaking unbelievable apt. I guess this is what comes along with home ownership.

Thx for letting me vent.

Thx!

Jackie

My husband is an electrician, and you wouldn't believe how many years the "light fixtures" in our first renovated house were simply light bulbs hanging from wires in the ceiling :nerves1

Luckily,our 17 year old son is pretty handy, so he installed ceiling fans in all the kids rooms (I don't think my husband would ever have gotten around to it).

Pam

I'm lucky too. My hubby is also an electrician. He is licensed to do residential and commercial work, but has specialized in marine electrical. He's very handy around the house!

I can sympathise with you Pam. My husband is an electrician too. We did our kitchen 4 years ago and i still have sockets hanging off the walls and no under unit lighting:?

pamnock wrote:
My husband is an electrician, and you wouldn't believe how many years the "light fixtures" in our first renovated house were simply light bulbs hanging from wires in the ceiling :nerves1

Luckily,our 17 year old son is pretty handy, so he installed ceiling fans in all the kids rooms (I don't think my husband would ever have gotten around to it).

Pam

Men! :foreheadsmack:

I'm pretty handy and have put up many light fixtures...but I've never had a short. There is no way I'd be able to handle the mess that is waiting for me in that ceiling.

This sux! :tantrum:

Oh no! I hope it isn't too expensive to repair! Only $800 a month? I'm assuming that's on top of what you paid for the apartment when you bought it... Another reason that owning a place is better than buying (even if it means you have to pay for repairs yourself I guess :(). Our super dingy, tiny, tilted apartment with cigarette burns all over the carpets costs us $800 a month to rent! Oh and when none of the phone lines worked when we moved in, the management told us it was OUR responsibility to repair the phone lines :shock: In THEIR property that we are merely renting. Thank goodness Paul's dad was able to work some magic and it works now!

WOW...I didn't know so many of you had electricians as husbands...Danny's an electrician, too!

Cool beans!

I can understand how frustrating house work can be...once you do one thing, it all kinda dominoes...

:hug: to you!

Rosie*

Back