Grr. Frustrating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamnjo

Reaction score
I've known this girl for about 7 years. We lived two houses away and we used to be good friends, even thought I'm two years older then her. Well, when we were neibors I would breed my rabbit(there is NO WAY I would ever breed anymore, so don't worry) and she was going to adopt one. My rabbit gave birth a couple monthsafter her family had just moved into a large house with about an acre of land. So when the babies were old enough, I sold her one. Right after she got another rabbit to bond with her. Then soon after that she got a dog, then a cat, then another two dogs. Now she is going to GIVE AWAY the two rabbits so she can BREED her dogs!!!!!!:banghead

OMGOMG I'm goingto scream! I know I am overreacting, but it's hard because I trusted her to give my bun a forever home, but she's giving her up so that she can contribute to the shetler! I told her about the shelters and how she shouldn't breed(plus, she's only 11 years old!) and she wouldn't listen so I totally spazzed at her, and now she wants no part of my life. I'm not in the state were I particularly care about our friendship, but I feel so bad for the poor rabbits.:brownbunny

Oh gosh, that is horrible, I can see why you're so mad! :grumpy:

I alsocan't understand why the girl's parents are letting her get so many animals and then give them away at will? Surely they should be putting a stop to it... I know I would if she was my daughter! She sounds like she is in no way mature enough to look after rabbits, or any other animals for that matter!

Is there any way you can take the rabbits in, so that you know they're safe and in good homes? Of course I know it's not an easy thing to do as 2 more rabbits is a lot of responsibility, and money etc...

Anyway, you're in the right place for a rant, and it's perfectly understandable that you're so angry! :hug:

Jen xx

I'm sad to say that there is no way I can take them. My dad would take all my bunnies to the shelter if I brought more home. I have no idea why her parents are allowing her to have so many animals, i remember HER telling ME that I shouldn't get anymore animals(this was when I was going to get my hedgehog) but I am actually capable of taking proper care of my animals.

I was just wondering, don't you have to get a listence to breed dogs?

Thanks guys:brownbunny

Sadly you don't need a permit to breed dogs... I cannot imagine how her parents could allow this either - espcially breeding dogs. That's just terrible. :( Can you try and find a good home for them nearby? I would help if I wasn't so far away!

We have been looking for a piece of land in B.C. though!

If she can't take care of her bunnies, what says she can take care of a few baby pups.

That sucks, Do you know anyone who can take them until you find them another home?

Plus, An 11 year old shouldent breed dogs.

She lives with her mom and her sister(her sister has a mental issue) and I guess-sadly- she doesn't understand the tearm "responsability". :brownbunny

I can't believe you don't need a license to breed dogs- is there even an age limit? I don't know about the conditions she's keeping the animals in, or if you would feel comfortable doing this, but could you report your concerns (about her breeding dogs)? It's called RSPCA over here, I can't remember what your equivalent is called...

Or maybe you could convince her to post in the 'Rescue Me' forum (or you could post for her) and see if you can find anyone to take them that way, then at least you'd know they were going to a good home...

It's so sad, it really is... She shouldn't be allowed to keep animals at all, let alone breed them :(

mouse_chalk wrote:
I can't believe you don't need a license to breed dogs- is there even an age limit?

Unfortunatly no, Becuase if there was. She could say it just happend, Unexpectedly.

Are her parents aware she is 'breeding' Or is she going to breed them and say that it happend on it's own?.

Maybe you should talk to her parents?

Her parents are aware. But she hasn't started breeding yet.

And I was thinking about reporting it or something:brownbunny

P.S. Does anyone know where to report animal cruelty on the island? This is not about her, it's about a guy in my class at school..he SLING SHOT a hampster!!:cry1::tantrum:

Hey fellow BC-er! :wave:

The only safe rabbits shelters in the lower mainland are the Vancouver SPCA, Vancouver Rabbit Rescue and Advocacy, and Small Animal Rescue Society of BC.

Is there ANY way you could get the girl to surrender her rabbits to the three shelters? With VRRA, or the Van SPCA she'd physically have to bring them there herself, but with SARS... because they are a network of foster homes all over BC and washington state, someone should be able to pick them up from where she is.

Edit: Just read you're on the island! There are a lot of SARS foster homes on the island who could probably take in these rabbits. All animal cruelty reports can only be brought to the SPCA's attention as they have animal control officers who have the right to seize animals, force a vet appointment, and etc.

How's the hamster? Did the poor little one make it? That's definately animal cruelty, and you should report that to the SPCA! You could also bring it to their attention that an 11 year old is breeding dogs without the proper education.

Latest posts

Back