Grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sharp ends probably scratch his skin. See if you can find the same type of slicker brush but with round rubber tips on the ends. Alternatively, you can use rubber nub brushes. I've also heard good things about Zoom Groom and the Furminator.

I have trouble brushing Bandit too, the brushes haven't really seemed to collect the fur that well and I get more out simply by petting and soft pulling of loose fur. However I do occasionally use a simple black plastic mens comb, similar to a flea comb.

I'm gonna invest in a furminator. We have one at my work and it works wonders! But this one works well to. I guess he just doesn't like it. I guess spring is coming bc he's shedding soooo bad!

I'm gonna invest in a furminator. We have one at my work and it works wonders! But this one works well to. I guess he just doesn't like it. I guess spring is coming bc he's shedding soooo bad!

Another person on here had a rabbit that had it back cut open by a furminator, so be careful. Just thought I'd let you know :)

I would not recommend a furminator for anyone without lots of experience grooming rabbits. I have read many firsthand accounts of rabbits skin being torn by these. Even for experienced groomers, great care needs to be taken when using them on rabbits(if they should even be used at all), especially over the spine and hip area where the bones are not as fleshed over to protect them. I find a damp hand works the best in safely removing molting fur.

I've also heard the zoom groom recommended by other rabbit owners, but haven't tried it yet.

Latest posts

Back