Grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delusional

Reaction score
Okay, so basically although we were making progress with bonding Bunny and Ollie, we decided it was not going fast enough. This is not my impatience, but rather the condition of Ollie's coat.

I knew Rosie groomed him ALOT, but it turns out I didn't know the half of it. Since we lost her, Ollie's coat has gone very much downhill. We brush him all the time now, but it only helps a little. He's getting matts all over - on his chest, on his shoulders, on his belly, round his bum, on his legs...

Soooo...

We decided to try Mango with Ollie, since he bonded quickly with Rose we hoped he would go with another girl quickly. Well, we're making FAST progress. On the third session, he DBF'ed practically on top of her (yes I took a couple of pics, and will post them later in my blog =P)

Grooming has happened a little over the past few sessions, and the last two have seen some heavy grooming - though most of it not on Ollie's head (where he would prefer, I think). Mango seems as bothered by Ollie's matts as I am.

She keeps trying to chew them out. Now, Ollie's letting her, but she's pulling really hard and he's flinching each time she does. He keeps shoving against her, like he wants her to carry on, but it seems really rough to me and it unnerves me when he twitches.

So, to the point of the post - is it too rough? Should I let her do it, will she hurt him? Will it tick him off and ruin their bonding?

I reckon he will tell her if he doesn't want any more. SOunds liek he knows its good for him. Just keep an eye out and if you can try and get the mats out it would be better cause then she could just lick instead of biting the matts out maybe

Latest posts

Back