grooming question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharlaelizabeth

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a special style brush or comb for Rexes. My only experience is with dogs and I've definitely needed different styles of brushes for different coat lengths. Also, do they shed in an obvious way?

personally i groom my rexes with a lint roller -the kind you use for getting fluff of of clothes. i also believe that i keep the lint roller industry going:p

if the moult is really bad - i.e they have uneven tufts sticking out then i gently pull them out by hand.

mine shed from the head down and at times look as if they are wearing tutus - ballet skirts!

I usually use a soft brush on my rex. Though I think I am going to steal Donna's idea on the lint roller. I think that would grab more hair faster.

Amy27 wrote:
I usually use a soft brush on my rex. Though I think I am going to steal Donna's idea on the lint roller. I think that would grab more hair faster.

:bunnydance: it helps with a bun like roxy who doesnt like being held for too long, as it's quicker.

:biggrin2:

Awesome idea. I'll have to stock up at Costco the next time I go. :) Sometimes I think I can sort of see a shed line on Storm, but I never see any hair being left behind, so maybe I'm imagining it right now.

I'm a pro at plucking. I grew up with a German Shepherd/Chow mix and it was the only practical thing to do- take her outside for an hour or so and just pluck. She loved it. :)

know what you mean! i've got two labs who moult for england. i've got the 'correct' combs and brushes but still find it easier to do it by hand:)

for once no one is on a moult! yay! fur free:bunnydance:

edited for typos;)

Latest posts

Back