Grooming on me, are they begaining to really trust me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah93

Reaction score
So I just got my two lionheads on Tuesday.
And they groom their selves on me already and will hop around and get right up close to my face, does that mean they really trust me already?
I know if they try to groom you then they really love you, they haven't done that yet. Hoping we'll get there eventually but for now I feel like they're warming up to me pretty well?
Or is that just typical?
What do you guys think?

I'd say they're getting really comfortable being around you.
Yes, they are definitely warming up to you :). Just keep doing what you're doing, it seems to be quite succesful.

"I think just taking them out and petting them helps a ton :)"

Oh yes. They sound comfortable with you already and the more theybecome familiar with you, the more the trust will grow.

:bunnieskiss

Jo xx

When bunnies groom themselves it's generally a sign that they're comfortable with their environment. So if they're grooming themselves near you, that means they trust you! I think you'll find that they trust you more and more over time, as your bond deepens (it can take months to get super close to a rabbit) but you're already well on your way with them.

That sounds great to me! Grooming, flopping near you etc. are all signs of being relaxed around you, which is fabulous.

You are obviously doing something right :)

Jen

Yeah :)
Well that excites me...lol

I love that they're getting so used to me :)
I'm glad that I got them from a good breeder that handled them and everything lol

I'll keep you guys updated on everything :)
I probably wont be able to get home until like Monday though...:(

So does them getting up really close to your face and just crawling all over you, is that a really good sign too?
I mean I know its good but is it rare for them to do that?
Like showing they really trust me/bonding with me more?
Or does every ones bunnies do that?
lol

It depends on how comfortable your bun is with you, and how much he/she trusts you :). (or if you just have a fearless bun on your hands! ;) )Mine will leap onto my lap if I'm watching tv or trying to work (lol), come nose to nose with me, lick me for a while, and then settle down on my lap for a stroke.

I think if they are deliberately approaching you, and sitting on you etc then that definately means they are comfortable with you and want to spend time with you :D

Jen

Most curious buns will start climbing on their people. I've also found that bunnies seem less skittish around face than hands, so they'll often come up and sniff you right in the face. I think I read that bunnies will introduce themselves to a friend by sniffing noses and blowing into each other's noses a little, so I think this is what they're trying to do with us. It's not an unusual thing at all, but it's definitely a sign that they trust you and are interested in you.

Do you have pictures to share? I would love to see them, lionheads are one of my favorite :)

Oh ok cool.
Yeah my bunnies are very curious but I cant let them run around the house as much as I would like...thats why I'm hoping the leash thing works lol.
And I didnt know that they sniff noses to get to know one another, thats interesting.
And yeah, they climb all over and around me lol
Then get mad when I dont let them explore the floor all the time too :p

Yeah I have some pics :)
I'll have to upload them when I get home (Monday) I think I tried but it didnt work.
How do you add them onto a forum?
Do you have to put them into photobucket or something first?
Or how do you do it on here?

Thanks!

Sarah

Bunnies tend to use their nose as a way to say "hi". They'll come up and push you in the leg, or touch your hand with their nose. One of my bunnies will always touch my foot with his nose if I stick my foot out, or touch my nose if I put my face near him.

To add photos, you can go to the menu, up top, and there's an "upload photos" link. I think you can also use photobucket, but I find it easier to upload them right onto the site.

Ok, does that give me my own album or something?
How do I add them into this forum?

Aww yeah :)
well my doe nudges my hand and then she slightly bites me.
not enough to hurt but yeah lol
I think shes telling me to let her down or stop petting her :p
lol

Sometimes they nip to groom us back, like they would nip another rabbit while grooming. It can help to make a high pitched yelping noise so she knows that her teeth hurt you (even if it doesn't hurt, this will stop her from nipping harder next time).

Yeah, I've done it a little bit. I need to do it louder and more high pitch though.

They might be trying to groom me?
They kind of nibble on my shirt and pants, is that grooming?
Maybe shes doing the same thing to my hand but doesn't realize they're diffterent.
Idk, she nudges my hand and then bites it though.
As if to say get your hands away from me and gives me a nibble for extra effect, idk lol
Hopefully shes just trying to groom me ;)

They groom each other, its really cute. But have yet to lick me or anything.
All in due time I suppose :)

Latest posts

Back