Grooming Long Hairs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRabbits

Reaction score
If you haven't heard already, I'm the proud owner of a Long Hair Rabbit. A Double Mane Lion Head. I have short hairs right now and need advise on what equipment is needed to best groom a long hair rabbit.

Really appreciate any help or advise.

Thanks

K :)

I'm thinking more & more lately that Honey isn't a full lionhead. Except for a mane & a little fringe on her rump, her hair is short. She IS lion colored, though. lol. Anyway, I guess I'm of no help on this.

For my angoras I have and also had a jersey woolie rescue at one point as well as a double maned lionhead (and I have these tools because I already have a shih tzu that I keep in a longer coat so i'm used to long hair)
I use a slicker brush for every day brushing
pPETS-6522500t400.jpg

as well as a metal comb with rotating blades for finishing
pPETS-6398318t400.jpg

If I get any mats in the rabbit I will use a dematter which helps loosen the matt without you having to cut
pPETS-6398322t400.jpg

if there is a matt that just wont come out you can always use scissors
pPETS-6566127t400.jpg

also a blower or shop vac on reverse is good for seperating the hair and keeping hay and foreign particles out of it.

It's good that you are starting young to get your little one used to the grooming.
Good luck with your new little cutie!

Thank you so much LindseyG for all the advise on the equipment to use to groom Neville.

Any advise as to how to groom around his private area and between his legs? I have been using the comb I have to get the poop out of his fur. He's been really good with me doing that. Any suggestions or tips would truly be appreciated.

K:)

I keep mine trimmed but thats probably not an option for yiu since your probably going to show him. I have a very small slicker brush and flea comb that I use around the genitals. Glad to help!

Latest posts

Back