Grooming and biting around eyes during bonding..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Bonding is going alright, they aren't in break out fights, but I'm still having problems with Pebbles grooming then biting Jas.. she'll start by grooming and then start biting and it makes Jas flinch. Pebbles especially likes around Jasmines eye, and will groom.. then I'll see Jasmine flinch and have to move Pebbles head away.

What should I do about it? I'm always worried about biting around the eyes, especially after Bru got the nasty bite around his eye!

I can understand why if you have had a bun bitten round its eye you are cautious. To be honest I have seen mine doing this before i reckon wht they are doing is using their teeth to make sure the area is clean but by doing so sometimes catch the hair and the groomee flinches. keep an eye that its not to much but i have seen it and it has never been a problem :)

I've just started to notice that Sakura does this to Sophie too, it's weird :?. It's a recent thing, and it looks like what Polly said - enthusiastic grooming and the groomer isn't so sure of her strength and is making the groomee flinch.

I tested to see what sort of pressure it would take to make Sophie and Sakura flinch, and found that Sophie will even if I gently brush my finger over her eyelids, so I can't tell if it's a pain thing or she's just sensitive to her eyes being touched. Sakura will duck her head low when I poke around her eye area.

Latest posts

Back