Grooming a shy bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valleybelow

Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any tips forgrooming a shy bunny that is moulting. My rabbit would ratherget a hairball then let me brush her! She is eating plenty ofhay and is not having any problems right now but I want to doeverything I can to keep it that way.

I am reluctant to somehow force her to be still because I don't want toscare/hurt her. She is still very shy (I have barely had hera month) but she seems to be adjusting fine. Idon't want her to begin to be afraid of me (and get too stressed out)if I force brushing onto her but I think that it is more important forher to not eat too much hair. Can anyone tell me how theywould groom a bunny that does not like to be touched?

Well if youcan her out into a smallenclosed area, and let her munch on her favorite veggie. She only getsher veggie if she's letting you brush her!

That's how we started with brushing Jordi and now she loves it!

peapoo used to be like that... i would alwaysbrush her a little and then stop and give her a piece of romainelettuce and let her run around some..... then brush her some more..ijust gave her a little break every now and then to run around...and shealways loved the vegetable part..... now she doesnt really mind beingbrushed

Back